Presented For Sale By:
|Location||Emsworth, Hampshire, United Kingdom|
|Tax Status||Tax Not Paid|
|Max Draft||1.1 m|
|Min. Draft||1.1 m|
|Dry Weight||5100 kg|
|Cabin Headroom||2 m|
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
|Propeller Type||2 Blade|
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
|Propeller Type||2 Blade|
Cruising and performance sailing combined in one single handed capable fast catamaran. A boat designed as a safe family cruiser with all the speed and excitement of a pure-bred racer. Ultra modern lightweight composite construction with a high performance rig which gives the sailing excitement we all crave. The Rapier 400's sea keeping capabilities and trademark Broadblue single saloon and cockpit configuration make it a great space for the family.
This model won its class in the Round The Isle of Wight race.
- Owner’s layout including 3 double cabins, owner’s hull includes large dressing area with basin and separate heads and shower.
- Guest heads with basin and shower. (Option)
- Choice of interior fabrics to suit your requirements.
- Teak and holly soles, treated cork flooring to saloon
- Recessed LED lighting throughout.
- Hand crafted joinery in light oak.
- Static hull ventilation system.
- All interior fixtures and fittings are manufactured from corrosion resistant materials.
- Huge main saloon with panoramic windows.
- Curved seating for 6 around dining table
- Helm position facing forward with additional seating for 2
- All sheets, halyards and clutches within easy reach of the helm
- Helm console with space for engine controls and additional navigation instruments
- Windscreen wipers and optional de-mist system.
- Water tank below mast for optimal weight distribution.
- Freezer below seating (option).
- Galley in Starboard hull
- 2 recessed sinks in large worktop.
- Stainless steel fridge.
- Stainless steel oven/grill with 3-burner hob
- Gas detector alarm.
Port (Owner’s) Hull
- King-size double berth with high quality mattress.
- Large hanging locker.
- Berth-side stowage lockers.
- Navigation area in owner’s hull.
- Option of a single berth or cupboards midships.
- Large wash basin and dressing mirror in dressing room.
- Escape hatch inboard in forward heads.
- Manual marine WC with 50L gravity empty holding tank.
- Opening hatches and windows for added ventilation (as well as static system).
- King-size double berth with optional folding sofa.
- Double bridge-deck berth with stowage.
- Opening hatches and windows for added ventilation (as well as Static System).
- Double berth or stowage to midships cabin space.
Starboard Heads (option)
- Manual Marine WC.
- Basin with mixer tap.
- Optional shower and sump pump.
- Vanity cupboard with mirrored doors.
- Escape hatch inboard in heads.
- Engines and propellers installed ahead of the rudders for improved manoeuvrability and weight distribution.
- Twin 20hp with sail-drives (optional 30hp).
- Fuel/water separators, filters and stopcocks.
- Easy access from large hatch on aft deck.
- Engine room ventilation to transom.
- Automatic bilge pump in each engine room.
- Engine rooms painted in fire retardant gel coat.
- Anti-syphon breaks fitted in raw water intake lines.
- Twin single lever throttle and gear controls at helm.
- Engine control panels on steering pedestal.
- Hot water calorifier in Starboard engine room.
- Space for Inverter and heating system in Port engine room.
- 2 x 85Amp/hr engine start batteries.
- 2 x 110Amp/hr domestic batteries (more optional).
- 12v socket at navigation station.
- DC distribution panel with circuit breakers.
- Volt meters and amp meters to 12v systems.
- 5 x 240V sockets.
- Fuel and water gauges at navigation station.
- Navigation lights fitted to mast.
- Batteries, breakers and isolators mounted under cockpit seat.
- Windlass control on foredeck and at helm.
- Space at helm for full electronics and plotter.
- Sealed and drained gas locker.
- 2 x large lockers at helm station.
- Large deck locker with windlass and chain compartment.
- 20kg anchor with 30m chain and 60m warp.
- 8 x mooring cleats.
- Stainless steel pushpits and pulpits.
- Stainless steel 600mm stanchions and bases.
- 2 x 19 stainless steel life-lines.
- Transom steps inlaid with cork decking.
- Starboard side boarding ladder.
- Wide, triple position helm seat.
- 2x Manual bilge pumps for hulls.
- Water tank 300l with inspection hatch, filler and vent.
- Pressurised hot and cold water system throughout.
- Hot water calorifier heated by engine, 240v or optional heater.
- Expansion tank.
- Colour coded, insulated pipe work throughout.
- Saloon mounted gas isolation valve.
- Gas bottle.
- Fully battened mainsail with roller bearing cars and 3 reefs (2 x single line).
- Furling self-tacking jib.
Spars and rigging
- Anodized aluminium deck stepped mast.
- Anodized aluminium boom.
- Polished Stainless Steel chain plates.
- Standing rigging in 1 x 19 ss with bronze bodied roll swaged rigging screws.
- 1 x mainsail halyard
- 1 x jib halyard.
- 1 x spinnaker halyard.
- 2 x winches near helm for halyards/reefing and jib sheet.
- 2 x winches beside helm for main sheet and traveller control.
- Clutch jammers on all lines.
- Winch handle
Both the hull and deck are vacuum bagged foam core with woven matt construction and solid GRP below the waterline. The deck has an integrally moulded non-slip finish. The hull-deck join are fully bonded and protected. All of the structural bulkheads are of vacuum bagged foam core construction. The Rapier 400 is virtually unsinkable due to its water tight bulkheads and buoyancy compartments fore and aft. The keels are sealed off from the hulls forming a “double” bottom.
Rudders and Steering
The rudders are robustly constructed. They are formed around stainless steel stocks with self-lubricating bearings. The steering system is hydraulic, operated from a wheel at the helm position. The starboard rudder has an access cover above and is designed to accept an emergency tiller.
- 2 x 10m mooring lines.
- 2 x 20m mooring lines.
- 6 x Fenders with 2m lines.
- Operational manuals for all equipment.
- Owners operating manual.
- Emergency tiller.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.