Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
The Balance 451 is a high performance world voyaging catamaran designed to be single or double-handed. She is built to ABS Offshore Standards with vinyl-ester resin, e-glass and carbon reinforcement in all high load areas. She sports dual dagger-boards, small protective keels, a self-tending blade jib, a large bowsprit, and a powerful Selden rig. She sails smartly in light airs and often does windspeed when reaching in 8 knots of wind. All of the equipment used in her fabrication is of the highest quality. Her hand-made, foam-sandwhich cabinetry is far superior to the products offered by French production builders. As with all of our designs, the focus is on speed, simplicity and practicality for people who will often be sailing far from marine repair facilities.
To date we have launched ten hulls of this very sporty design. Prices for the 451 start at $470,000. All prices are FOB Hong Kong. Please note that is an ad for a newly ordered Balance 451. We only build these yachts on a semi-custom as ordered basis. To learn about current production times and when we can launch our next hull, please contact us.
She carries dual dagger-boards with mini keels, a self-tending blade jib, seven foot long carbon bowsprit, is all foam core, carbon reinforced, and only vinyl-ester-resins are used in her hull and deck layup. She can be built in a three cabin owner version or a four cabin version. Her interior cabinets and floors are all made custom to owner specifications. She is a very high performance catamaran built to a standard of quality that far surpasses French production cats.
Founded by World Champion catamaran racer and author Phillip Berman, Balance Catamarans are the finest high-performance adventure catamarans on the planet.
After managing the sale of hundreds of catamarans over the past decade – new and used – we’ve learned how catamarans are built, how they break and fall apart, how they sail in the most dangerous conditions, which systems tend to work and fail, and how they are “really” used by sailors.
We’ve concluded that none of the catamarans currently offered by the major production builders are ideally suited to the needs, budgets, and performance expectations of today’s committed liveaboard voyagers. The catamaran market has simply focused too much on the charter trade and lost the ideal balance of performance, comfort, quality, and practical seamanlike features required by serious sailors.
Balance Catamarans result directly from the enormous fund of experience we have gained through sea trials, numerous builds and designs, owner feedback and the collective result of millions of blue water miles. There really is no substitute for experience and the direct relationships we have had, both individually, and with hundreds of catamaran sailors, has given us the invaluable feedback we’ve relied upon in the design of each Balance Catamaran that we build.
Balance Catamarans was founded in 2012 and has launched four 60 footers, nine 45 footers, six 52 footers, and one 76 footer. Our catamarans are sailing on every ocean in the world and have met with critical praise by major yachting publications. All of our owners are highly experienced sailors who will not settle for anything but the best. The Balance 526 was the winner of Cruising World Magazines 2017 Import Yacht of the Year (the grand prize) as well Best Multihull Over 50 feet. To learn all about these truly exceptional yachts, we encourage you to visit our website: balancecatamarans.com
DIMENSIONS & DETAILS
- Overall length: 44ft 8in / 13.605m
- Waterline length: 42ft 4in / 12.895m
- Beam: 23ft 4in / 7.11m
- Draft - Daggerboards up: 2ft 7in / 0.80m
- Draft - Daggerboards down: 6ft 11in / 2.10m
- Displacement (light ship): 18,500lbs / 8,391kgs
- Underwing clearance lightship: 2ft 7in / 0.775m
- Underwing clearance full load: 2ft 4in / 0.705m
- Maximum payload: 3,433 lbs / 1,557 kgs
- WATER CAPACITY: 158 US gallons / 600 litres
- FUEL CAPACITY: 79 US gallons / 300 litres
- MAST HEIGHT OFF DECK: 56ft 6in / 17.22m
- MAST HEIGHT OFF WATER: 62ft 11in / 19.19m
- MAINSAIL DIMENSIONS: 706.5 ft2 / 65.63m2
- SELF TENDING JIB DIMENSIONS: 260.7 ft2 / 24.22m2
- SCREECHER DIMENSIONS: 711.6 ft2 / 66.1m2
- SPINNAKER DIMENSIONS: 1,367 ft2 / 127m2
- 3 cabin owners version. Owner master berth starboard forward, owner master shower aft. Queen berth forward on port side with double bed aft. There can be one or two heads on port side, depending on customer choice
- 3 cabin owner version with office to port. Owner master berth to starboard forward, owner master shower aft. Queen berth forward on port side, with single berth/office combination aft.
- 2 cabin double owner version, where both port and starboard hulls are private owner suites.
- Four cabin, four head version
- Four cabin two head version To learn all about the 451, her equipment and current pricing, please visit balancecatamarans.com
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.