Presented For Sale By:
|Location||Falmouth, Cornwall, United Kingdom|
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|Max Draft||1.7 m|
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
This stunning dark grey Tofinou 8 with fixed keel was launched in 2015 and has had one owner from new. With continued maintenance and upgrades, she has been stored ashore each winter with an all over cover for protection and is in great condition.
With high quality details such as the varnished mahogany cockpit coamings covering the halyards and sheets, as well as the teak cockpit and decks give the Tofinou a chic and classic style. This is combined with a hull shape and T-shaped lead bulb keel which give an efficient and stable performance at all points of sail.
This beautiful modern classic is primarily a daysailer but has overnight accommodation for four people and also a WC.
With all control lines led to the cockpit within good reach of the helm, a lazy jack system and self-tacking jib, this boat is comfortably sailed single-handed. All her sails are in good condition, the wardrobe includes 2015 North Sails with an Aramid Laminate mainsail and an A2 Superkote spinnaker. With a 2019 North Sails Aramid Laminate furling jib included.
Available to view ashore in Falmouth, by arrangement with Key Yachting.
Construction and Deck Hardware
- Hull in hand laid GRP with reinforced structure of frames and stringers
- Fixed T keel with lead bulb
- Dark grey gel coat
- Self Draining cockpit
- Deck in sandwich GRP construction, glued and fastened to the hull.
- Deck covered with 8mm vacuum glued teak
- Cockpit coaming made of varnished mahogany, removable for maintenance and covering all halyards and sheets
- Teak toerails on foredeck
- Large aft locker with flush lid
- Varnished mahogany till and toerails
- Self tacking jib
- Furling jib system
- Carbon bowsprit
- Harken deck equipment and blocks
- 2 x self tailing winches
- 4 Triple rope clutches
- Mainsheet with traveller on trail
- 4 flush lifting/mooring cleats
Spars and Rigging
- Painted aluminium mast
- Roller furling system for jib
- Lazy jacks
- Dyneema backstay (adjustable below deck)
- Boom (with provision for internal reef and Cunningham lines)
- Rigid boom vang
- Spinnaker Gear
- Second spinnaker sheath fitted to allow a second halyard for Code Zero use
- 10hp Nanni inboard engine with saildrive
- Electrical panel
- Sound insulated engine compartment
- 110 amp battery
- Manual and electric bilge pumps
- Folding prop
- Fuel tank (25 litres)
- 2015 North Aramid Laminate Main with reefing points
- 2015 North A2 Spinnaker Superlite/Kote SK75 in pink
- 2019 North furling jib with battens
- An additional A3 spinnaker and Code 0 on furler are available by negotiation
- One double berth and two settee berths.
- Chemical toilet
- 4 x canvas storage pockets
- Fresh water tank for cockpit shower (50 litres)
- Raymarine speed and depth
- Raymarine autopilot
- 3.2 kg Guardian Anchor with leaded line
- LED Tri colour
- Epoxy hull protection
- White Nautix A4 Antifouling
- All over cover for storage protection
This company, acting as brokers on behalf of the selling owner, who is a private individual. Offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.