Presented For Sale By:
|Location||Jacksonville, Florida, United States|
|Length at Water Line||12.85 m|
|Length on Deck||14.35 m|
|Max Draft||1.83 m|
|Max Bridge Clearance||19.35 m|
|Engine Make||John Deere|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||4077|
|Fuel Tanks||300 gal (Aluminium)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||250 gal (Aluminium)|
|Holding Tanks||40 gal (Plastic)|
"At Bruckmann Yachts, we believe a motorsailer should be, first and foremost, a swift and balanced bluewater sailer, with the added advantages of excellent speed under power and amenities far beyond those found on most sailing cruisers. The Bruckmann 50 MkII, designed by Mark Ellis, combines all of these attributes and is unrivaled in its class." ~ Soundings
From the second that you walk onto the swim platform through the cockpit door it is obvious that Cosmic Force is one of those special boats. Designed and built to cruise comfortably and elegantly, Cosmic Force will not disappoint. Recent upgrades include the swim platform/hull extension, washer dryer in custom cabinet, new standing rigging and laminated sails in 2018, (8) coats of Awlwood varnish system recently renewed and much more. Classic beauty built to modern standards maintained by diligent and knowledgeable owners, this is simply put a stunning boat.
"Quite simply, we have redefined best in class for motorsailers
Among the new generation of motor sailers, the Bruckmann 50 rides at the top of the class: 100 percent sailboat, 100 percent motorboat - an exceptional achievement of imagination, engineering and craftsmanship.
The Bruckman 50 brilliantly achieves the goal of maximizing performance under power or sail or both. Thoughtful design and intelligent innovation have created an unrivaled combination of performance and comfort that will simply amaze you...
First and foremost, designed to sail beautiful
The long waterline, moderate displacement and relatively large sail area efficiently come together for a performance that outpaces most cruising sailboats
Reaching in approximately 15 knots of breeze you will be rewarded with speeds approaching 10 knots.
And stable. The balanced hull form, with short overhangs, deep forefoot and beautiful flat aft sections, produces a comfortable ride regardless of weather condition.
Quiet motoring pleasure
A very efficient, low revving... John Deere diesel engine generates performance under power that exceeds most trawlers.
The quiet, well-insulated, oversized motor cruises easily at 8.5 knots consuming just 3 gallons of fuel per hour. And it nears 10 knots quickly if the need arises. The broad, flat, hull section aft increases the buoyancy of the stern and keep the bow low at all speeds.
Best of all, the "50" is specifically designed for maximum efficiency under power, sail or a combination. By optimizing the balance of sail and power capabilities, you can achieve trans-Atlantic range while merely sipping expensive fuel.
Traditional Bruckmann craftsmanship combined with hi-tech know-how
The "50" combines classic Bruckmann craftsmanship with today's most modern materials, engineering and equipment. The handsome lines of the hull, spacious interiors and great performance ensure it will hold its appeal and value for many years to come.
Each Bruckmann 50 is hand-built by one of the most highly respected builders of custom and semi-custom yachts in North America." ~ Bruckmann 50 Brochure
Cosmic Force is a customized Bruckmann 50 with many innovative features including a retractable salon table, retractable TV in the salon and a convertible head for the guest cabin. She is a handsome boat with mahogany interior and black ultra suede cushions, a white tongue and groove style headliner.
Of key note, Cosmic Force's current owners have converted her to a MKII by adding a factory built hull extension/swim platform increasing performance and comfort of ride. With the swim platform getting aboard through the transom door is safe and easy. An added benefit of this extension is also a phenomenal amount of dry storage for gear.
"The best of today's technology
Beneath the timeless good looks lies a triumph of sophisticated design, advanced technologies and solid engineering.
The hull is a single-piece, vacuum-bagged, Core-Cell cored fiberglass molding. Hardware has been carefully selected for proven reliability. The cockpit steering station is manual while the pilothouse steering is hydraulic.
Engine spaces, directly below the salon floor, have been built so every piece of equipment, including the engine, can be removed for servicing and repair." ~ Bruckmann 50 Brochure
- Hand-built hull with Core Cell foam coring and vinylester resins solid fiberglass in areas of through hulls, struts, shafts, rudder post and centerline
- Desert Tan Awlgrip topsides
- Lead alloy ballast
- Epoxy bottom ~ renewed 2018
- Full width swim platform
- Removable swim ladder with stainless rails
- Large hinged transom door for access to swim platform
- Core Cell cored fiberglass deck with non-skid on working surfaces
- Teak cockpit grate, varnished teak cap rail
- Pedestal steering with single lever engine controls
- Teak cockpit table with drink storage in center cooler
- Engine gauges with stop-start switches and gauges at both stations
- Large cockpit lockers
- Welded stainless steel bowsprit with twin anchor rollers
- (8) New Found Metal Stainless opening ports with screens ~ 2016
- (4) Opening (sliding) windows with screens in salon
- Sliding door with screen
Rigging, Sails and Winches
- Aluminum painted spars
- LeisureFurl mainsail furling
- New reinforced boom gooseneck
- Stainless steel rod rigging ~ 2018
- Schaefer roller furling
- (8) Rope clutches for halyards, vang, and roller furling
- Sail handling from cockpit
- Walder boom brake with cockpit control
- Bowsprit for asymmetric spinnaker on top down Karver furler
North Sails UltraX NorLam furling main ~ 2018
North Sails UltraX NorLam furling genoa ~ 2018
North Sails asymmetric cruising spinnaker
- (2) Lewmar ST 54 electric primary winches
- (2) Lewmar ST 50 secondary winches
- (1) Lewmar ST 44 halyard winch
- Raymarine i70 Series instruments Depth and speed instruments
- Autopilot with controls
- Furuno Navnet 3D radar, plotter
- I-com M-506 DSC VHF
- Vesper 8000 AIS transponder
- Wind instruments
- Seco loud hailer
- (3) Windshield wipers/washers
- Fusion AV 650 entertainment center
- Samsung 26 TV in retractable cabinet in salon
- VCR CD player
- Cockpit speakers, main salon and forward cabin speakers
- 12-Volt outlets at inside helm, den, and salon
- Digital yacht Wifi network
120-Volt AC System
- 120/240-Volt AC distribution panel
- AC Magnum monitor
- Northern Lights Generator (194-hours) with water separator exhaust
- (1) lead acid start battery for generator
- 120-Volt outlets throughout
- (2) Magnum Inverter/Charger MS-2000
- 50 amp shore power receptacles bow and stern
12-Volt DC System
- 12-Volt DC distribution panel
- DC Branch and switch breakers
- 12-Volt battery meter
- Balmar 200 amp alternator with smart regulator
- (7) Firefly 110-Ah batteries in two banks
- (1) Lead Acid start battery
- 12-Volt outlets throughout including cockpit lockers
- (2) 125 gallon polyethylene steel water tanks
- 25-Gallon water heater
- Hot water temperature mixer
- Cruise RO 30 gallon/hour AC water maker
- Hot/cold cockpit shower
- Heart tank tender for all tanks
- (5) Bilge pumps - (3) automatic high capacity pumps; (1) manual pump; (1) low water pump
- John Deere 150 HP diesel ~ 4077 hours
- 3-Blade feathering Gori prop with rope cutter
- Groco raw water strainer
- Dual Racor fuel filter with manifold
- (2) Marine Air reverse cycle air conditioners each 16,000 BTU
- Flexible shaft coupling
- Dual lever controls
- (2) Steering stations with hydraulic transfer at both stations
- Edson mechanical steering pedestal in cockpit with 48-inch wheel
- Hydraulic steering at inside station
- Bow thruster with controls at both stations
- 12 -Volt bus heater in salon
"A tradition of fine craftsmanship
From bowsprit to cockpit, the Bruckmann 50 resembles a traditional New England yacht, a tradition echoed in the quality materials, attention to detail and first-class workmanship you will find throughout.
Superb handcrafted joinery. Exceptional finishes on all surfaces. Each Bruckmann 50 is gauranteed to satisfy the most demanding owner." ~ Bruckmann 50 Brochure
Entering from the cockpit the salon is at the same level and connected through a sliding glass door. This becomes a large area for entertaining when the doors are open.
The salon has a C-shaped dinette to port. A drop leaf oval table can be dropped on an electric pedestal that disappears below the sole. To starboard is a comfortable seat with foot stool.
Forward to starboard is the inside steering station with engine controls, electronics, bow thruster control and steering. There is an electric pedestal helm seat for the helmsman. This can be dropped and turned to be a part of the salon.
Black ultra leather interior cushions. Satin finish mahogany trim and locker doors. Varnished teak and holly cabin sole. Blinds for side and aft windows. The level of finish, quality of hardware, and attention to detail is first class.
The den is located to starboard across from galley this area has a large settee that converts to a double berth. Across from the settee is a large counter for navigation, food prep, storage, etc. Beneath this is a separate washer and dryer.
There is also a bar area and entertainment center. This area is great as a sea berth for the off watch or for just keeping the cook company.
Opposite the den is the sea-going galley with ample Corian counter space, double stainless steel sinks, refrigeration and freezer, Force 10 propane stove and oven, and microwave . This area is filled with natural light from the salon.
- SeaFrost 12v refrigerator and freezer
- Front and top-loading refrigeration
- Separate freezer access
- Force 10 three-burner propane stove with oven
- Microwave oven
- Corian countertops
- Fresh water foot pump
- Double stainless-steel sinks
Starting forward on is the owners stateroom with a spacious island queen. There are hanging lockers and drawer storage. Access to the head from this cabin. Airline style lockers above and outboard. Two large opening hatches and an opening ports for light and ventilation.
Moving aft there is a second private stateroom/guest cabin to starboard with a double berth, hanging locker, 3-drawer dresser with mirror, and 2 opening ports and hatches for ventilation. There is a second retractable head and sink that is hidden in a locker which can be opened when needed.
The head is equipped with Vacuflush toilet, sink and storage. Single basin sink. A hatch and opening port provide light and ventilation. Corian countertop, teak and holly floors. Directly forward of this head is a stall shower with seat with a large linen closet.
- Fenders with dock lines
- Full set of extra dock lines
- (2) Spare winch handles
- Bosuns chair
- (3) Inflatable fenders
- (3) Dome LED lights in cockpit under pilothouse roof
- Custom made 9” memory foam mattress for main berth (SeaBeds by Michelle)
- Full bimini over cockpit with solar panels
- Cockpit cushions Dryfoam covered with Phifertex
- Teak cockpit grate
- Cockpit shower with hot and cold water
- Removable overhead hatch screens
- Full sun awning for over the main pilothouse
- Dinghy motor mount
- Inflatable man overboard device
- Seco loud hailer
- Strobe LED anchor light
- Large storage compartment in swim platform
Removable swim ladder with stainless handrails
- Grill with stand built into the swim platform
- (2) Large dorade boxes providing ventilation
- Spares for engine, generator, heads, plumbing and pumps
- Spare fixed prop
- Old standing rigging for spares
- Maxwell dual direction windlass
- Windlass controls at bow and cabin station
- Double stainless roller
- Rocna 88-lb Vulcan anchor 250-ft of chain
- Stainless steel CQR anchor with rope chain
- Danforth 40# anchor chain
- Spare anchor rode in anchor locker and complete rode and chain in bag in swim platform
- Freshwater and seawater wash down at foredeck
2016 - Complete refit
- Replaced all ports and about half of hatches
- Repainted topside and all non-skid on deck
- Added batteries and electrical upgrades
- Added water maker
- Prop reworked and rubber guards replaced
- Salt water washdown added
- New anchor roller for larger anchor added
- Removed all teak rails and replaced with stainless
- Replace engine mounts and cutlass bearing
- Added Den cabinet with washer/dryer
- Replated all hardware and replaced sinks and faucets that were gold
- Replaced starboard water tank
- Add MKII swim platform hull extension
- Sodablasted and replace barrier coat and bottom paint 2 layers of red beneath 3 layer of black
- Replaced generator and added water seperator
- Added solar panels to bimini
- Replaced all countertops with Corian
- Replaced port water tank
- Replaced the Tides shaft seal with a PSS
- Replace all standing rigging due to age
- Replace sails with laminated and added bow sprit/furler
- Replace main plotter, radar and sensors (wind and depth/speed)
- Epoxy coated and painted dorade boxes
- Revarnished all outdoor woodwork by stripping and replacing with (8) coats of Awlwood varnish system
- Over time with have replaced (7) seacocks with improved versions of the Marelon seacock as they either were hard to turn or were in vulnerable positions we wanted a proper seacock
Represented by a Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB)
A Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) is recognized as having achieved the highest level of industry accreditation, available only to fully-qualified yacht sales professionals. The CPYB program is administered by Yacht Brokers Association of America in partnership with Florida Yacht Brokers Association, Northwest Yacht Brokers Association, California Yacht Brokers Association, Boating Ontario Dealers, British Columbia Yacht Brokers Association and Gulf Coast Yacht Brokers Association.
The CPYB program is also endorsed by the Marine Retailers Association of the Americas (MRAA) Marine Industry Certified Dealership (MICD) program and leading yacht manufacturers as a key component of their own industry standards; the highest level of achievement for their member yacht sales professionals.
Experience & Validity
The CPYB designation is earned by eligible yacht sales professionals, who, after serving a minimum of three years as a full-time professional, have successfully completed a comprehensive written examination to validate professional competency.
A CPYB is committed to their personal and professional development through continuing education, as mandated for CPYB recertification every three years.
Ethics & Standards
A CPYB adheres to, and is accountable to, a nationally recognized Code of Business Ethics and conducts yacht sales transactions in accordance with a stringent set of industry standards of practice.
A CPYB maintains a dedicated escrow/trust account to protect their client’s funds. A CPYB understands their fiduciary responsibility and obligations with respect to client funds.
A CPYB uses proven, industry-recognized transaction documents, which fully and clearly describe all terms and conditions of a transaction. Honesty & Integrity A CPYB maintains the highest standards of professionalism, acting with honesty and integrity.
Trust & Confidence
A CPYB instills confidence, trust and consistency in all transactions involving fellow yacht sales professionals for the benefit of the client.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.