The Alerion Express experience is all about pure sailing pleasure - what we refer to as Alerion Sailing - the thrill of a fast, responsive yacht that looks terrific, handles like a dream and doesn't require a large or experienced crew. Alerion Sailing means sailing on your terms and at times that best suit your mood, your schedule, and the weather. Hard to find, Alerion Express 28 designed by Carl Schumacher to give the aesthetic beauty of the past and the speed and handling of a modern racing boat. She handles like a dream and has weekender capability. Gup H is well maintained and clean, maneuverable, fast and easy to handle with her Hoyt-designed self-tacking jib system. She has a full sets of sails, all in good condition. Exterior varnish was stripped, sanded and re- varnished 2019. Gup H has been stored and maintained by a professional yard most of its life.
If you're in the market for a great daysailer, or a sporty weekender on a boat that turns heads in every harbor, Gup H should be on your list. Owner spends much of his time out of state and is no longer able to enjoy this boat. Gup H is in the water ready to for the 2022 sailing season.
- Large V-berth forward
- Head between berths
- Sink with hand pump and 14 gallon potable bladder tank
- Settee seating port & starboard
- Teak & Holly Cabin Sole
Electrical & Navigation
- Autohelm Depth & Speed, displays in cockpit
- Bulkhead mounted Cockpit Compass
- Raytheon VHF
- Electric Bilge Pump
- 1-12 Volt Battery
- DC Circuit-Breaker Panel
- Light grey non-skid
- Varnished brightwork
- Fortress anchor with chain & nylon rode
- Large opening hatch over the v-berth
- Companionway boards
- Large cockpit features; Tiller steering with tiller-extension, seats 6 comfortably
Sails & Rigging
- Fractional sloop rig with keel stepped mast painted white.
- Stainless Standing rigging
- Harken jib-furler
- Self-tacking jib
- Harken traveler behind cockpit or main trimming
- Rigid boom vang
- Whisker pole
- All halyards, reef lines, and sheeting led aft to cockpit through line clutches.
- Sails: Main, Genoa, and Spinnaker. All sails are by North and serviced annually
- Winches: (2) Lewmar 7's on deckhouse for reefing & halyard triming; Lewmar ST30 self-tailing primaries on cockpit coamings
- 1996 Yanmar 10 HP Diesel.
- Controls in Cockpit
- Two Bladed, folding Bronze Prop
- 6-Gal Fuel Tank
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.