Presented For Sale By:
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|Length at Water Line||10.86 m|
|Max Draft||2.2 m|
|Min. Draft||2.2 m|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||2880|
|Builder||Cantiere del Pardo|
|Fuel Tanks||220 litres (Stainless Steel)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||440 litres (Stainless Steel)|
Beautifully built German Frers designed Grand Soleil 45 launched in 1995. Huge bluewater specification coupled with versatile, three-cabin, two-heads interior layout. An iconic design and capable of everything from crossing oceans to sailing around the cans.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
RELENTLESS is a very smart, late example of the highly-regarding German-Frers era Grand Soleil 45. Built to an extremely high standard, these evergreen ocean cruising yachts have proven themselves to be very popular amongst the bluewater fraternity, attracted by the high build quality, safe and predictable sea-keeping and generous performance under sail.
RELENTLESS was purchased by her current owner in 2011 and has since undergone a program of refit and upgrades to prepare her for long-distance and liveaboard sailing. Her specification highlights include:-
- Tek-Deck synthetic teak decking – 2017
- Schenker watermaker
- Solar panels
- Wind generator
- Towable generator
- Vetus bowthruster
- 3-bladed MaxProp feathering propeller
- Harken electric primary winches
- Slab-reefing mainsail with fully-battened mainsail, stackpack and lazyjacks
- Removable inner forestay with staysail and checkstays
- Symmetric spinnaker with snuffer
- Raymarine electronics package with radar and plotters
- Class B AIS
- Furuno Navtex
- Satellite phone antenna
- Wi-Fi booster
- Recently replaced battery banks
- Three cabin interior layout with converting saloon settee to offer up to 8 berths
- Two heads
- Tender and outboard
- Liferaft and safety equipment
Now lying ashore in Trogir, Croatia, British-Registered and EU VAT-paid, RELENTLESS if offered for sale as her owner wishes to move to a larger Grand Soleil.
Between the years of 2005 and 2011, amongst other boats, I sailed extensively on a friend’s Grand Soleil 45. During this time, I was totally ‘blown away’ by quality of build, performance and spacious owner’s quarters, aboard this German Frers designed boat, which shares many similarities in terms of build, design and finish with a Nautor Swan of the same era.
Consequently, in July 2011 I purchased my own GS45 from an English gentleman who berthed RELENTLESS in Kinsale, Co Cork, making me her fourth owner. In July 2011 I sailed her back to Portsmouth and undertook the task of equipping her ready for longer ocean passages. This process of replacement and upgrading has continued over the years, and during this time, she has been maintained regardless of cost.
In 2012 we sailed to the Mediterranean, 2013 to the Canaries, 2014 to the Caribbean for extensive cruising, 2016 ARC Europe, 2017 the Canaries, 2018 back to Mediterranean via Madeira and then to Barcelona, Balearics, Sardinia, Sicily, Malta, Italy and to Croatia in October 2019 where she is currently berthed.
RELENTLESS is an extremely strong and stable vessel and in rough conditions will always give the crew a feeling of safety and security. She is a fast sailer and fully equipped for ocean passages.
I will reluctantly sell RELENTLESS in order to purchase a larger Grand Soleil to continue sailing with more of our family able to join us, on board, for our future travels.
- Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Confirmity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Solid laminate GRP hull with transverse and longitudinal ribs for strength and stiffness.
- White gelcoat topsides
- Tek-Dek synthetic teak decking to side decks, superstructure top, cockpit seating and cockpit sole – installed 2017
- Hull topsides polished – September 2020
- Hull antifouling – September 2020
Keel & Rudder:
- Lead keel externally bolted.
- Spade rudder
Engine & gearbox:
- Yanmar 4JH2E 4-cylinder 62hp diesel engine – comprehensively overhauled 2006
- Freshwater cooled engine
- Single lever engine control.
- Engine hours - Approx 2,880hrs as of Autumn 2020
- Engine serviced annually
Propulsion & Steering:
- 3-bladed MaxProp feathering propeller
- Shaft drive with stainless steel prop shaft – replaced 2020
- Vetus 12vDC bowthruster
- Wheel steering with large leather covered stainless steel steering wheel.
- Emergency steering gear
- 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power or portable generator
- 1x 105Ah 12vDC Vetus engine start battery - 2019
- 4x 105Ah 12vDC Vetus service batteries joined in parallel to supply 420Ah – 2019
- Engine and service batteries can be joined
- Nasa Marine BM1 – battery monitoring system – 2014
- 12vDC/220vAC battery charger
- 12vDC engine-mounted alternator
- Honda portable petrol-powered 2kw generator
Wind & Solar:
- Air Breeze wind generator
- Aquair 100 towed generator
- 2x 140w solar panels mounted to stern gantry
- Solar/wind charge regulator and controller
- Shore power connection with 220vAC sockets
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well-insulated hot water tank, heated by engine or 220vAC immersion heater element – tank and immersion heater element replaced 2019
- Nature Pure fresh water filtration system to galley sink
- Schenker 12vDC reverse-osmosis watermaker producing approx. 35 litre per hour – 2014
- Digital controller at chart table
- 2x 12vDC automatic electric bilge pumps
- Manual bilge pump
- All through hull fittings and seacocks were replaced in June 2018 with DZR fittings
- Gas detector
- Stowage for four gas bottles
- Approx 220 litre fuel capacity in stainless steel tank
- Level gauge at engine panel
- Approx 440 litres water capacity in 2x stainless steel tanks
- Level guage
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine ST6002 autopilot control head
- 2x Raymarine ST60+ Graphic multi-displays at helm binnacle
- 4x Raymarine ST60+ Dsiplays for wind, speed, depth in banks of 2 displays each side of helm
- Raymarine wind, speed and depth transducers
- Raymarine GPS antenna
- Raymarine radome closed-array radar scanner
- Suunto steering compass
At Chart Table:
- Raymarine C70 GPS radar chart plotter display with AIS overlay
- Raymarine ST60+ wind, speed and depth display
- CTRX Carbon Class B AIS transceiver – 2017
- Furuno NX-300 Navtex - 2012
- Clock and barometer
- Icom IC-M505 VHF with DSC - 2017
- Cockpit handset for VHF – 2017
- Satellite phone external antenna on stern gantry
- WiFi booster antenna on stern gantry
- Gimballed gas stove with 3x burners plus ovenAlpes Inox gas stove with oven
- 12vDC top-opening refrigerator
- Twin stainless steel sinks with hot & cold fresh water supply plus additional filtered fresh water supply
- 2x Jabsco manual marine heads
- Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
- LED lighting throughout
- Stereo with speakers in saloon and in cockpit - 2017
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to 8 berths in owner’s double cabin aft, two twin bunk cabins forward, forepeak cabin and occasional doube settee berth in saloon via height adjustable saloon table. Two heads.
- All joinery is teak faced with solid teak or laminated teak frames and capping. Satin varnish finish.
- Floor is varnished teak wood with inlaid holly strips.
- Laminate counters in galley and heads
- Cream cloth upholstery – 2005
- Blue passage covers for saloon upholstery
- White vinyl headlinings with teak battening.
- Cream curtains
Accommodation From Forward:
- Large guest cabin with centreline double berth and hanging locker aft to starboard.
- Heads compartment aft to starboard with shower.
- Port bunk cabin with upper and lower berths and hanging locker.
- Saloon area aft to port with wrap-around settee and lowering table. Additional settee bench over centreline.
- Linear galley opposite saloon with 3-burner stove and oven, twin sinks and top-opening refrigerator.
- Ample sized forward facing navigation table with bulkhead for electronic instrumentation and master electric panel.
- Owner’s cabin aft with centreline double berth, twin hanging lockers and twin settees
- Ensuite heads with shower.
- 2-spreader masthead rig
- Keel-stepped mast
- Aluminium anodised spars
- Stainless steel standing rigging – replaced 2009 and inspected 2014 (with certified report)
- Mechanical backstay adjuster
- Mainsheet track in cockpit with adjustable traveller
- Manual genoa furler
- Removable inner forestay for staysail
- Slab-reefing mainsail
- Adjustable spinnaker track on mast with deck-mounted white powder-coated aluminium spinnaker pole
- Control lines led aft to cockpit
- 2x Harken 2-speed self-tailing electric primary winches
- 2x Harken 2-speed self-tailing manual spinnaker winches
- 4x Harken 2-speed self-tailing manual control line winches at companionway
- Dacron fully-battened mainsail
- Dacron furling 120% genoa with UV strip
- Dacron hank-on staysail
- Storm trysail
- Symmetric spinnaker with snuffer
- Stainless steel pushpit and pulpit
- Teak seats in pushpit and in pulpit
- Custom stainless steel gantry at stern for solar panels, wind generator and antenna
- Double stainless lifelines with side boarding gates
- Cockpit table
- Hull-side swimming ladder
- Simpson removable stainless steel dinghy davits
- Cockpit lighting
Covers & Canvas:
- Biminis with stainless steel frame
- Covers with winches and helm wheel etc
- Liferaft cover
- Outboard engine cover
- Stackpack cover with mainsail with lazyjacks
Anchoring & Mooring:
- 12vDC electric anchor windlass with remote control
- Bruce anchor with 80m 8mm chain
- Rock type kedge anchor
- Fenders & warps
Tender & Outboard:
- Avon 6-man inflatable tender
- Suzuki 2.5hp outboard engine - 2012
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
- LED navigation lights
- Search light on stern gantry
- 6-person ISO9650 cannister liferaft – last service Feb 2018
- Ocean Signal 406Mhz EPIRB – 2018
- MOB recovery equipment
- Drogue - 2014
- 5x life jackets
- 3x manual fire extinguishers
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.