Presented For Sale By:
|Model||New York 36|
|Location||Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada|
|Min. Draft||1.91 m|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||750|
|Fuel Tanks||1 x 20 gal (Aluminium)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||2 x 40 gal (Plastic)|
|Holding Tanks||1 x 12 gal (Plastic)|
This New York 36 is a fantastic racer/cruiser that has been outfitted by its current owners for extended cruising. Over the last 10+ years, Serendipity has had a host of upgrades and improvements that make this one of the finest New York 36 available anywhere. From the new mainsail, re-enforced keel, and 2012 re-power, this Mexico-veteran has what you need to head out cruising.
Serendipity was designed by naval architect Bill Cook for the New York Yacht Club as a one-design high-performance club racer with the ability to comfortably take families cruising on extended trips. W.D.Schock boat builders of California, well known for their Santana series of boats and their high-quality manufacturing processes, were chosen to manufacture the New York 36.
Some highlights that will ensure a long life service life for its next owner.
- Volvo Penta 30hp engine, new shaft, seals and KiwiProp (2012)
- All standing rigging, mast wiring and navigation lights were replaced.(2012)
- Keel removed, re-enforced hull stringers and hull/keel joint. (2016)
- All cabin and navigation lights changed to LED (2015)
- New Anchor windlass, chain, Rocna anchor (2018)
- Harken winches 2-speed main, 2-speed secondary (2019)
- Ewincher electric hand winch (2020)
- North Sails NP-L Tour mainsail with lazy jacks (2021)
The unique layout of the New York interior can best be described as an open concept interior.
Forward is a traditional V-berth followed aft by the enclosed head to port with marine toilet with macerator installed in 2020, vanity and shower. On the starboard side, there are hanging lockers and drawers for storage.
Just aft is a full galley on the port side with, a 2 burner gimbaled stove and oven, fridge box, stainless sink and lots of counter space. A navigation station with electric panels is opposite to starboard.
The remainder of the interior consists of a settee on both starboard and port running all the way aft where a very large double berth is located under the cockpit. All cushions are in excellent condition. The engine cover serves as the primary table with leaves that fold up on both sides.
The owners added a heating and hot water diesel heating system that allows for hot showers on a daily basis as well as a warm, cozy interior all year round.
- Gas Systems 2-burner propane stove with an oven, gimbaled
- Atlantic Marine 120 volt and bus heated hot water heater
- Adler Barbour Fridge/freezer
- Espar Hydronic cabin heater
The cockpit is a generous size and well-appointed with plenty of lockers and seating. There is a large radar arch that supports the solar panels as well as the 3G radar dome.
A custom teak table is hinged to the transom gunwale and folds out to provide a great social space in the cockpit when extended as well as folds out of the way while underway..
The cockpit has a full canvas enclosure along with 'summer' mesh panels to provide great year-round protection and flexibility.
On the foredeck is the propane BBQ as well as upgraded ground tackle.
- Rocna 15 anchor secured on anchor bow roller (2018)
- 200 ft. 5/16" galvanized chain, Shed. 40 (2018)
- 200 ft. 3⁄4" 3-stranded line (2018)
- Lewmar self-tailing windlass with up and down foot switches and remote (2018)
Electronics and Electrical
Serendipity has all the electronics needed for cruising. A full complement of wind instruments, chart plotter, depth sounder, radar, VHF, AIS, EPIRB, etc.
- Horizon VHF Radio Intrepid with DSC
- Cobra VHF hand held radio Marine HH500
- Lowrance HDS12 GPS/Chart/Radar with AIS with Tx & Rx
- Furuno Navigator GPS
- Raymarine ST60, digital speed indicator
- Raymarine ST60 digital depth indicator
- Raymarine ST60 digital/analog wind indicator
- Navico TP300c Autopilot
- Xantrex Battery monitor with LED
- Xantrex 30 Amp. Battery charger
- Navigation lights Upgraded to all new LED with tri-light on mast cap.
- Truepower 600W Inverter
- Enerwatt EWC-30 Solar Controller
- Sony CDXF50M Am/FM/CD
- 2 X 6 volt HD Gold batteries House (new 2019)
- 1 X12 volt HD battery Starting
- 4 Solar panels, 50W each secured on radar arch
- 1 X 30 Amp Shorepower connection cockpit coming
Sails and rigging
- Mainsail - North Sails NPL Tour aramid-reinforced (2020)
- UK Genoa 135%, on roller furling (2012)
- Gennaker Code 0
- Spinnaker, 1 1⁄2 oz.
- Spinnaker 2 oz
Harken roller furling fractional head stay
Shrouds 6 mm S/S wire main and lower, 4 mm intermediate (new 2012)
- 2 - “Harken 46” 2-speed, self-tailing (2019)
- 2 - Barient 23 2-speed, self-tailing
- 2 - Barient 25 2-speed, self-tailing
- 2 - Barinet 21 2-speed, self-tailing
It's hard to beat having a boat with the hull strength of a fiberglass boat built in the '80s that has been repowered with reliable diesel.
In 2012 the owners put in a new Volvo Penta 30HP engine so you can have confidence with knowing your powerplant will deliver many, many years of reliable service. Along with the motor, a new transmission and shaft of the highest grade stainless steel available were installed.
Not only do you have a new engine but the New York 36 has probably the best engine access of any 36ft sailboat on the market. The engine cover comes off and you have 360-degree access to the entire engine to make maintenance almost easy.
- Engine - Volvo Penta DI30P
- Gear - Volvo Penta, HS16L-B Ratio 2.63 : 1
Set up for cruising safely, Serenity has up-to-date safety gear to keep everyone safe on board.
- Ritchie Compass
- Force Overboard Rescue System
- 1 Man Overboard Pole
- 1 S/S boarding ladder, portable (hangs over toe rail)
- 2 Radar reflectors, tube style (one on each main shroud)
- 1 Horeshoe retrieval ring
- 1 “Fox 40" Heaving line
- 1 “Orion” flare gun with 12 cartridges
- 1 Ships bell, brass
- 1 Windex
- 1 Whale manual bilge pump (secured below the transom)
- 1 ACR Model: Satellite 406, EPIRB
- 1 Kidde Model: Night Hawk, CO Detector
Comes with the following
- Quicksilver 3.3m inflatable tender
- 2016 Mercury 4 stroke 6 hp
- Spare 15 hp 2 stroke outboard
- Spare Danforth 13S anchor with 100 ft. of rode.
- Up to date flares and fire extinguisher
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.