Presented For Sale By:
|Location||San Diego, California, United States|
|Tax Status||Tax Not Applicable|
|Length at Water Line||9.45 m|
|Dry Weight||22500 lb|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Engine usage (hours)||506|
|Fuel Tanks||35 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||100 gal|
Reason for selling is "No longer used".
This Tayana has now been on the market a couple months. Looking for any offers!
Bob Perry designed 1977 Tayana 37. Refit with no expenses spared. Too many upgrades to list! Truly ready for world travel!
If you are looking for a Bluewater cruiser or a spacious liveaboard, you've found it with this Tayana 37!
Located in San Diego, California, this 1977 Tayana, also known as CT37, is a great starting point for your bluewater cruise to explore. Next destination: Sea of Cortez and then the Polynesian Islands!!.
It's time to stop dreaming and start living. You always talked about casting off and sailing along coastal waters or the deep blue seas. This 1977 Tayana 37 Cutter Rigged Sloop is a proven bluewater cruiser.
This vessel is a true outlier - nothing is need to upgrade other than maintenance. All hard rigging, chain plates, etc., replaced 2018 - extensive list of upgrades upon request.
The Tayana 37 sailboat design is a classic and successful full-keel double-ender created by Bob Perry marking the modern design of a full keel and obtaining boat speed.
Built in 1977 with an interior that shows quality and pride with wood joinery that is classy and functional for a vessel of its age. Below deck, the main cabin includes a compact and well laid out galley with a deep sink, stove/oven, large ice box and a portable ice maker!. The galley is positioned for easy access from the helm or adjacent dinette. The entire cabin is detailed with excellently-maintained teak with an enclosed propane heater.
Several opening porthole windows and a teak skylight in the salon provides plenty of light and ventilation. To the starboard is a navigation station and aft berth and midship settee for the crew. The navigation station is riddled with updated electronics an monitoring systems.
Forward is a spacious main cabin with a queen-sized bed and ample locker storage for gear and sails. A roomy head with shower is in the bow.
The engine room is easily accessible below gangway stairs and is a newer 2017 diesel Volvo Penta with low-hours.
She may be an older boat but has been modernized with electronics and refit with newer wiring from bow to stern completed in 2021. Two 100 watt solar panels with fast charging Lithium battery bank. Solar system is monitored with a Victron controller and multifunction display for easy read-out and ability to monitor from your cell phone. Self contained with endless power for multiple days while off grid.
Rigging includes a roller furling jib and battened main along with staysail. A cutter rigged staysail with a quick release pelican hook for temporary removal of the staysail for sloop rigged sailing. Two regular and two self-tailing winches, main sheet traveler and lifelines ready it for any adventure.
Custom bow pulpit with newer windlass and dual anchor harness. Windlass controls strategically positioned near the helm.
Too many upgrades to list which can be provided upon request or make a showing to observe for yourself?
While we will always attempt to provide you with a TRUE representation of every vessel we market, during any purchase from Pop you will be encouraged to schedule an inspection from an independent, accredited surveyor and every purchase WILL ALWAYS BE subject to your satisfaction with the results from your independent survey and your own personal trial run.
We have several more Morgan, Beneteau, and CAL vessels for sale. If you're in the Chula Vista, Oceanside, Escondido, or Carlsbad areas, please use the form on this page to let me know what you're looking for and I'll get back with you today about any other cutter sailboat options we have locally that may meet your needs.
You have questions? We have answers. Call us at (941) 914-9217 to discuss this vessel today.
Newer electrical wiring, all cabling is well braided and organized installation that shows pride and care with the upgraded installation. Stainless steel fuel and holding tanks. Lmax: 42'-0" with bowsprit; LOA: 36'-8" excluding bowsprit
- Cabin Lighting (Included)- Dinette (Included)
- Head (Included)
- Heat (Included)
- Ice Box (Included)
- Ice Maker - Separate (Included)
- Nav Station (Included)
- Port Holes (Included)
- Pressurized Water System (Included)
- Salon (Included)
- Settee (Included)
- Shower (Included)
- Sink - Galley (Included)
- Stateroom - Forward (Included)
- Stove / Oven (Included)
- Wet Locker (Included)
- Window Treatments (Included)
- Bottom Paint Antifouling (Included)
- Anchor (Included)- Anchor Locker (Included)
- Anchor Rode (Included)
- BBQ Grill (Included)
- Bow Pulpit (Included)
- Bow Rail (Included)
- City Water Hookup (Included)
- Cleats - Fixed (Included)
- Cockpit Seating (Included)
- Compartment Storage (Included)
- Freshwater Washdown (Included)
- Isinglass (Included)
- Non-skid Deck (Included)
- Propane Tanks (Included)
- Raw Water Washdown (Included)
- Sea Cocks (Included)
- Steering Wheel (Included)
- Windlass (Included)
- 110v AC Outlets (Included)- 12 V DC Outlets (Included)
- AC Electric Panel (Included)
- Battery Switch (Included)
- Battery Tender (Included)
- Circuit Breaker Panel (Included)
- Cockpit Accent Lighting (Included)
- GFI Outlets (Included)
- Hour Meter (Included)
- Oil Pressure Gauge (Included)
- Shore Power (Included)
- Shore Power Cord (Included)
- Shower Sump Pump (Included)
- Solar Panel (Included)
- Stereo (Included)
- Tachometer (Included)
- Volt Meter (Included)
- Water Heater (Included)
- Bilge Blower (Included)- Holding Tanks (Included)
- Kicker Motor (Mercury 5 HP)
- Number Of Fuel Tanks (1)
- Rudder (Keel Hung)
- Starting Type (Electric)
- Throttle/shift: Mech (Included)
- Water Tanks (Included)
- Watermaker (Included)
- AIS System (Included)- Autopilot (Raymarine)
- Compass (Included)
- Covers - Display (Included)
- GPS Antenna (Included)
- GPS/ Fishfinder/ Plotter (Raymarine)
- Masthead Light: (Included)
- Navigation Lights (Included)
- Radar Array (Included)
- Tower Light (Included)
- VHF (Icom M710 And Standard Horizon Explorer)
- VHF Antenna (Included)
- Wind Instrument (Included)
- Backstay (Included)- Blocks (Included)
- Boom (Included)
- Lazy Jacks (Included)
- Lifelines (Included)
- Mast (Included)
- Rigging Hardware (Included)
- Running Rigging (Included)
- Spinnaker Pole (Included)
- Standing Rigging (Included)
- Traveler (Included)
- Winches - Manual (Included)
- Grab Rails (Included)- Propane Storage Locker (Included)
- Covers - Sail (Included)- Dodger (Included)
- Reefing Mainsail (Included)
- Rigged For Single Handed (Included)
- Roller Furling Jib (Included)
- Staysail (Included)