Presented For Sale By:
|Model||MV 34 Power Catamaran|
|Location||Stuart, Florida, United States|
|Max Draft||0.71 m|
|Dry Weight||12500 lb|
|Max Bridge Clearance||3.76 m|
|Engine usage (hours)||2260|
|Engine usage (hours)||2260|
|Fuel Tanks||184 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||80 gal|
|Holding Tanks||45 gal|
EASY RIDERS is a unique offering on the market. She offers all the performance and comfort that the PDQ's are known for, and was kept up-to-date by a knowledgeable cruising owner. If you are looking for a quality, priced right PDQ 34, you definitely should take a look at EASY RIDERS. Some of the upgrades include a new windscreen on the Flybridge, a watermaker, two solar panels, aft and bow biminis, new exterior upholstery, new house bank 28” TV with a tracking dish antenna, a Shark WiFi signal amplifier, and starting batteries, AB dinghy, mast stabilizers, and much more. The MV/34 is cruising cat designed for the liveaboard long distance cruiser.
What you will find, and really appreciate are (2) cabins large enough to hold queen size beds, loads of storage space, lots of interior light and extensive heating, A/C, and ventilation throughout. The salon/dinette area seats (6) or more comfortably and the starboard side lower helm has a forward facing double helm chair provides excellent seating for the co-Captain ; with L shaped built-in seating to port.
The flybridge is accessed by teak steps, not a ladder, and is big enough to accommodate the whole visiting party. The deck area has grab rails everywhere and the walkways are wide enough for two people to pass one another easily. Docking is a breeze with a sharp turning radius due to the wide drive line spacing. Fuel economy is remarkable with twin 75 hp diesels She will cruise at 13 knots all day and burn less than 4.5 gph. At 7 knots the burn rate is less than 1.5 gph !!
As you enter the salon you will find a large salon with excellent ventilation and visibility, dinner seating for six and entertainment seating for 10. The PDQ 34 boasts a lower and upper helm, twin queen berths (down two steps) and a very functional head. The flybridge is large with excellent visibility. The decks are wide and easy to navigate when moving around the boat.
The performance and economy of the boat has yet to be matched by any other boat on the market. With the twin 75 hp diesels she consumes less than 1.5 gph at 7 knots and has a top speed of about 17 knots. The propellers are so far apart that handling for docking is in increments of inches not feet, even in the windiest of weather.
EASY RIDERS has been cruised in Florida and the Bahamas for the last seven years. The owners have found her to be ideally suited for this type of cruising. Her speed, low fuel consumption, ease of handling, and shallow draft all make for an enjoyable cruising experience.
Vessel Walkthrough and Accommodations
Entering down through the glass sliding door aft, you step down into the spacious elevated Bridge station and Salon including the Lower Helm Station with seat and complete set of electronics. Moving forward, the Salon is centerline with a large square-shaped lounge and table with folding leaves that converts into a King Size berth.The 28" TV is readily viewed from several comfortable seats. The Galley is down and forward in the port side hull along with one Stateroom aft. The Head & Shower are down and forward in the starboard side along with another Stateroom aft. The Topside includes an enormous Bridge area with Upper Helm Station and Electronics, lots of seating area, numerous storage lockers, wide walk-arounds and Transom Stairs on each hull for easy boarding to floating docks or dinghy. There are also two deck height boarding gates on both sides of the boat for elevated landings like fixed piers. There are two very large storage lockers accessible by lift-up hatches in the two forward hulls. The portside hull houses the genset. There are also two smaller hatches revealing two more storage compartments on the forward deck.
The Salon area of the MV/34 is one of her most appreciated features. With lots of large windows, excellent ventilation and comfortable seating, she is hard to beat. In this model year the salon features a rectangular seating area that makes into a king size berth. This squared-off seating allows great seating or lounging for the cruising couple to just sit back and read a book using their own reading light or watch TV with their back to the seatback and their legs up on the seat facing the aft of the boat. Very comfortable! The elevated lower helm seat for two is also convenient for entertaining large groups with all the social gatherings forward of the Captain, not with his back to the crowd. And the elevated L-shaped seating to portside allows Crew to have the same outward, forward view as the Captain. Very smart design!
- Sand color Sunbrella Upholstery
- Phantom Screen on Cabin Door
- JVC CD/Stereo System
- 12v Fan in each cabin
- "Piano" bar w/seating for three on the lower Bridge Deck opposite the starboard helm
- 2 reading lights
- Salon table w/folding leaves that drop down to make king size berth and make it easy to get into and out of the seating area
- Shadow blinds on port and starboard Salon windows
- (4) Overhead lights-dimmable
The Galley is well laid out and uses its space very efficiently. It is located mid-ship in the port hull. The Galley is open to the Salon and Dinette area and provides good ventilation and ease in socializing with people in the Salon while performing Galley chores. Storage is remarkable with lots of cabinets and under floor dry storage. There are two opening side ports to add ventilation.
- Nova Cool 12Volt Refrigerator/Freezer
- (2) Burner Propane Cook-top
- Two basin sink and Sink Cover / Cutting board
- Complete Galley Equipment/Utensils
- Panasonic Microwave Oven
- Large Pantry
- (2) Opening side portlights with screens
- (3) Lights
Both Staterooms have the exact same accommodations but are mirrors of each other. Both are completely aft in their respective hulls and feature athwartship berths. Each Stateroom features a Queen Size Berth, ventilation hatches aft and opening ports, with large hanging & storage lockers. There is also extra under floor dry storage. Each Stateroom is air conditioned. Access to each engine is provided by lifting out the step up to the berth and lifting out a light weight panel board for day checks. More serious service work is allowed by folding the mattress inward and lifting out two panels for complete engine access.
Head and Shower
The full height Head with Enclosed Shower is located on the Starboard Side forward. It contains convenient storage spaces, electric toilet. All of the white head hoses, mascerator pump and holding tank are located in the deck locker on the outside of the boat, so no head odor, as the hoses age, enters the boat.
- Jabsco Electric Toilet
- Manual overboard holding tank discharge pump
- 45 Gal. Holding Tank
- Gray water overboard pump
- Opening side porthole with screen
- Enclosed shower with plexiglass smoked colored door
In addition to the deck equipment, this boat has a Heavy-Duty Radar Mast with GPS Antenna, Radar Dome, VHF Antenna, and the required navigational lights. The PDQ 34 features large storage locker in each hull at the bow. The generator is installed in the port bow locker and is very accessible for maintenance. Each hull has a water-tight "crash" bulkhead built in below the waterline in the forward section of each hull. There are also nice storage areas located on top of the auxiliary fuel tank and the water tank.
- Bottom painted December 2018
- Fenders & Lines
- Electric Windlass-Quick 1000
- Manson 44 lb anchor 75' Chain, 200' Rode
- Anchor light/running lights
- Swim Ladder
- Fresh/Raw Water Washdown
- 9' AB RIB Inflatable (2013-factory warranty to 2023) w/ 5hp Mercury 2-stroke Outboard
- Transom Hot/Cold Fresh Water Shower
- Textalene cover for front windows
- Teak flybridge stairs
- 10’ wide fully upholstered bench seating on raised aft cockpit
- Bimini top rolls out over cockpit from top of Flybridge bimini top
- Bimini top rolls out over foredeck from over windshield
- (3) Pantograph windshield wipers
- Opening front center windshield window
- Port & Starboard side opening windows
- Hideaway screen in aft passageway door
- Life Sling
- Plexi-windshield in flybridge replaced in 2019
- Well equipped ditch bag with VHF radio, first aid kit, fishing tackle, waterproof matches, signal mirror, flares, etc., etc.
- (2) search/spot lights
Navigation Equipment at Helms
EASY RIDERS has all the basic navigational equipment.
LOWER HELM ELECTRONICS and Mechanics:
- Garmin Echomap CV
- Standard Horizon VHF Radio remote (Master on FB)
- Raymarine 600R Autopilot Remote (Master on FB)
- Hynautic SS hydraulic steering wheel
- Kobelt single lever shifting/throttle controls
- Richie Compass
UPPER HELM ELECTRONICS and Mechanics:
- 7” Lowrance HDS7 Chart Plotter-GPS with sonar transducer for bottom mapping and Sirius Weather
- ST5000+ Autopilot
- Ritchie Compass
- Standard Horizon VHF Radio GX2100-master
- Harmin GPSmap 176C
- Raymarine ST40 Digital depth
- Raymarine SL72 radar (screen hard to read)
- Hynautic SS hydraulic steering wheel
- Kobelt single lever shifting/throttle controls
The Flybridge from the factory is a beautiful layout. There are two forward facing upholstered helm chairs with the helm as the starboard one. Aft and to port is built-in L-shaped seating for 3-4, very nicely upholstered. The Radar Mast and Bimini Top can be dropped down by one person for cruising under low structures. There are not many cruising boats that offer as comfortable a flybridge in just 34' of LOA. Truly remarkable.
• Helm chair Covers
• Three sided Isenglass enclosure with SS frame Sunbrellas bimini top
• Teak stairs to flybridge
• Two 20 LB LPG tanks under flybridge console
• New flybridge plexiglass wind screen (2018)
The PDQ 34 electrical system is designed for efficient live-aboard cruising. Thecritical components are a good reliable generator, larger house battery bank, largecapacity charger / Inverter and minimum reliance on shore power. Details include:
- Amp Charger
- Xantrex Prosine (smart) Inverter system that ties together all sources and uses of power
- Quicksilver Galvanic Isolator
- Northern Lights 4.5KW diesel generator (356hrs) - Replaced raw water pump, changed filters, changed fluids, new battery 08/2020
- (24) DC Breakers
- (12) AC Breakers
- Volt & Amp Metering
- Twin (30) Amp Shore Power connections
- (2) Shore Power Cables (NEW 6/2020)
- 50 Amp to (2) 30 amp Y Connector Cable
- (4) Trojan T145’s) giving up to 3 days of power on the hook
- (1) Battery start each Engine (new 2018)
- (1) Battery start Generator (NEW 6/2020)
- Electrical panel at lower helm that is very easy to access
- Two solar panels over dinghy 290 watts total
- Custom half cutlass bearing installed inboard
- (4) bilge pumps installed (two have been added)
- JVC stereo, AM/FM, CD player
- Samsung 28” flatscreen TV
- Sirius radio
- Cradlepoint wireless WAN extender Model MBR1000
Engine and Mechanical Details
The MV/34 is powered by Twin 75 HP Yanmar Turbo-Charged Diesels. This provides cruise speed of 13 knots and a fuel burn of about 4.5 GPH. These engines have been very well maintained and now have only 2260 hours on them. They are in excellent working order. Both engines had major service completed this year (2020). This included New elbows on both engines, overhauled heat exchangers, oil heat exchangers and transmission heat exchangers. Also the specially designed Stuart Yacht Harbor (former SE Florida PDQ Commissioning & Full Service Center) inner half cutlass bearing to prevent shaft whipping.
- Twin Yanmar 75 HP Diesels (2260 hrs)
- Starboard Engine – changed fluids, changed filters, new zincs, new belt, new alternator, adjust throttle linkage, new turbo, new oil drain pipe for turbo, new heat exchanger and exhaust manifold combo, o-rings, gaskets (08/2020), new oil cooler (4/2019)
- Port Engine – changed fluids, change filters, new zincs, new belt, new alternator, adjust throttle linkage, new hoses, clamps, (08/2020) new oil cooler (4/2019)
- Oil (only RotellaT Synthetic used on these engines) and Impellers changed 6/20
- Fuel filter vacuum gauges
- Force 10 Water Heater (110v and heated from port engine) and engine shutoff valve for water heater installed
- Cruisair 16,000 BTU A/C unit (Salon) NEW 08/2020
- Cruisair 7,000 BTU A/C unit (Staterooms) NEW 08/2020
- A/C Water Pump
- Katadyn Watermaker (Pickled)
- Complete Inventory of Spare Parts on Board
- Dripless Stuffing Boxes
- 12V Engine Room Exhaust Fans
- Dual Bilge Pumps in each hull
- Shore Power & Engine Hot Water
- Ball Valves on all Thru-Hull Fittings
EASY RIDERS presents excellent value for the asking price. She has been taken care of over the years by the current Owners with constant upgrades and options added. A full list of upgrades and inventory is available upon request.
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.