Presented For Sale By:
|Model||Cold molded CatCraft|
|Location||Islamorada, Florida, United States|
|Engine Model||QSB 6.7|
|Engine usage (hours)||1000|
|Engine Model||QSB 6.7|
|Engine usage (hours)||1000|
|Fuel Tanks||1500 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||250 gal|
|Holding Tanks||100 gal|
The 1999 CUSTOM COLD MOLDED 62 CATCRAFT "MEGALODON" is a must see. Her name says it all as she is an absolute beast of a vessel. A Malcolm Tenant design, she was build built by Orin Byard on the Outer Banks of NC. This 62 CATCRAFT is a true custom cold molded build that has been refit, re powered and painted all in the last several years. She is currently rigged for fishing but would be equally comfortable as a dive excursion vessel or long-range cruiser. MEGALODON'S performance and efficiency numbers will blow you away. Her ride and stability are unparalleled, and her cruising range is off the charts! The boat has a well laid out interior with excellent natural ventilation, and recent air conditioning system upgrades. There is a large efficient sea galley with all appliances and cooking equipment.
The starboard hull is dedicated to a spacious private master suite. She has a vast 25’x9’ aft deck, covered with an awning, in addition to a covered outside dining area. Her rudders and props are protected above the keel line, and the engines have V-drives allowing complete maintenance accessibility. Extensive storage spaces for diving equipment, personal items, books, charts, galley and other equipment both inside and in deck lockers. Joinery throughout the vessel is of high quality Honduras mahogany and birch with a matte finish. Simply put, the 1999 CUSTOM COLD MOLDED 62 CATCRAFT "MEGALODON" is a vessel like no other. She is rigged and ready for whatever adventures you can dream up. She must be seen to be fully appreciated. Call to make arrangements for your private VIP showing.
VESSEL WALKTHROUGH and FEATURES
HIGHLIGHTS AND RECENT UPGRADES
- New Downstairs, upstairs, Salon upholstery
- New Humphrey interceptor trim tab/ Staibilization system (30K)
- Fresh bottom paint
- All downstairs windows and deck hatches, reset and 5200, new gaskets.
- New salt water wash down
- New AC pump.
- Veem Propellers
- 6000 watt inverter system
- added 3rd Garmin plotter
- Added 2nd vhf
- Nueteak bridge deck, master side floor
- Full outside 125K custom paint job
- New QSB 480 6.7 Cummins engines, ZF gears, Glendenning Fly by wire controls with complete back up system
- New shafts, dripless seals and new cutlass bearings, new props
- New port and starboard air conditioning units
- New phasor 12kw generator, new exhaust
- 29 knots WOT
- 26 knots approx. 70% load
- 23 knots approx. 60% load 30 gal/hr
- 20 knots approx. 40% load 19 gal/ hr
VESSEL WALK THROUGH
Main deck includes a spacious aft deck including work bench, an outside dining area, a salon with open galley, formal dining areas port and starboard and an entertainment center.
The large owner's cabin occupies the entire starboard hull with queen-sized berth forward and book cases mounted on outer hull. Next aft is vanity, and aft is expansive head and stall shower.
Below decks on the port side are two guest cabins, with vanity, a shared head and stall shower and book cases mounted on outer hull.
Upon entering the yacht from the aft deck, the nearly 27' beam becomes readily apparent. Even with ample walk-around side decks, one feels as if he/she is aboard a much larger yacht. The main cabin has twelve opening windows which provide excellent natural ventilation and nearly 360 degree visibility. Immediately on the left upon entering the salon is the staircase which is the primary access to the pilothouse.
Port and starboard forward are two dinettes with plenty of seating. To starboard on entering is a large hanging locker and forward of that an entertainment cabinet housing a 32” Sony TV, 10 cartridge CD unit, DVD player and Sirius receiver. Below is a multi-drawer cabinet holding an easily-accessed selection of tools.
- DVD player
- 32” Sony Flat Screen TV
- Jensen 10-Disc CD unit
- Sirius radio
- Bose speakers in aft deck, salon and pilot house
SALON AND GALLEY
Occupying the port side of the salon and just forward of, but open to the galley, is one dining area that seats six. Forward and to starboard is another dining area seating four. The entire salon/ dining/ galley area is surrounded by opening windows which provide unrivaled natural ventilation and light to the area. In addition the area is fully air conditioned. Galley with extensive food and utensil storage space also has a large double bowl sink, top load refrigerator and freezer, three burner propane stove with oven, and a propane gas detection unit. There is also an exhaust fan for ventilation.
Accessed from the salon companionway to starboard, is the master cabin featuring an athwartship queen island berth forward in the hull with overhead opening hatch and dual fans and reading lights. Lockers are located below the berth and forward is a cedar-lined, very large hanging locker.
The master head is en suite aft in the hull. On the inboard side is the vanity. The shower has a hand-held or wall mountable shower fixture, light and exhaust fan. The toilet is an electric deluxe Jabsco.
PORT FORWARD GUEST STATEROOM
From the center companionway just forward of the Galley are steps leading into the port hull. The forward guest cabin has a large cedar-lined hanging locker and below-berth storage. The queen berth is fitted with dual fans and reading lights. There is an opening hatch above the berth.
PORT GUEST HEAD
Amidships in the port hull is a shared head with Lavac toilet, vanity, sink and countertop with single-lever faucet with several storage cabinets above and two cabinets below. The stall shower has a seat, a hand-held or wall mountable Kohler shower fixture, an exhaust fan and overhead light.
PORT AFT STATEROOM
Going aft in the port hull is another guest cabin with a berth inboard, below-berth storage and a hanging locker. The queen berth is fitted with dual fans and reading lights. There is an opening hatch above the berth.
The pilothouse is accessed by steps leading up from the salon providing entrance to a surprisingly large helm area rivaling that of much larger yachts. Immediately noticeable are the numerous opening windows providing 360 degree visibility and exceptional natural ventilation. The pilothouse is also fully air conditioned.
- To starboard is a comfortable large L-shaped seating area.
- The helm itself is centerline with one helm chair.
- To port is a large chart table.
- An aft door leads to the spacious upper aft deck.
- Extensive storage under instrument panels, seats and port cabinets
ELECTRONICS AND NAVIGATION
- 2 Garmin 5215 chart plotters
- 3rd Brand new Garmin unit added as back-up
- 2 ICOM MC 27 VHF
- Two Horizon depth sounders
- SEA 235 SSB
- Garmin radar HD
- Cetek autopilot
- 8 Solar panels
- Horizon wind and speed gauges
- Battery monitor
- Ritchie compass and inclinator
- Two Lewmar 3000 windlasses
- Two 110 lbs. Bruce anchors
- Two chain/rope rodes
- Two 1,000 lb. davits (one powered)
The aft deck is a full-beam area for many of the outside activities of the yacht. It is covered with a loose sun cover for cruising in tropical waters. The forward portion of the covered aft deck consists of a dinette seating six people to starboard and to port, a U-shaped work area consisting of work bench with storage below, top-loading refrigerator and freezer, large sink and counter space. Outboard port is a flat space where a large berth can be made up.
- 2018 NEW Twin Cummins QSB 6.7 480 HP diesel engines NEW REPOWER 2018 approx 1000 hours (6/20) with factory warranty remaining
- 2018 NEW 12KW Phasor generator approx. 300 hours (6/20)
- Fuel polishing system with 160 gal. day tank
- Two new 180 amp, 24V alternators
- 1,000 amp AH Rolls house batteries, 24V
- 6kW Heart charger/Inverter
- Three 16,500 BTU air conditioners (2) new in 2018
OLDER BUT RELEVANT UPGRADES
- Second Anchor Windlass 2012
- Awning 2010
- New Radar 2012
- New Main Alternators 2012
- New Toilets, Lavac and Electric 2013
- Replaced all Fresh water, Salt water and Propane Lines 2013
- Second Davit installed 2012
- Installed Stern Anchor Rollers for 4 point Anchoring 2010
- Work Table with Vice installed 2011
- New Fresh Water Pumps 2012
- New Seat Cushions for Aft Table 2013
- Installed Port Tender Boom 2010
- Rain Water Collections System Installed 2012
Owner's personal effects are excluded from the sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.