Presented For Sale By:
|Location||Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom|
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|Min. Draft||0.99 m|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Designer||Hans J Johnsen|
|Builder||Windy Boats AS|
This superb Windy 31 Tornado's condition really does put many younger Windys to shame. The current owners have done anything and everything that has been recommended to them to make sure BLADE is kept up to date. The Tornado 31 is a sensational yacht and should not be missed by whoever is interested.
Extras Above Standard Specification
- Blue sunbrella Windy cockpit upholstery with yellow piping.
- Antifouled (2021).
- Teak laid decking on the bathing platform.
- Teak laid decking in the cockpit.
- Grey hull wrap (Blue hull stripe underneath).
- Electric anchor windlass with self-stowing bow roller.
- QL Bow-thruster.
- Sony CDX-M501 Radio / CD player with amp.
- 2 x Fusion Speakers.
- White camper canopy (2017)
- Tonneau cover in blue canvas.
- Tonneau cover in blue canvas (2017).
- Drive legs antifouled (2021).
- Anodes Replaced (2021).
The 31 Tornado has a monohedral hull with variable section (20 degree dead-rise at the stern). Three spray-rails per side – higher rail runs full length aft. Single main chine promotes a dry ride with increased accommodation volume.
Construction from Bi-directional woven roving’s and topsides reinforced with Divinycell core, integrated bathing platform moulding. Laminated foam core frames and transverse stiffening bulkheads.
- The hull and deck are white GRP, with blue Windy topsides stripe.
- Cockpit and bathing platform are teak laid.
- High gloss interior cherry joinery with blue/gold cloth cabin upholstery.
- Twin Volvo Penta KAD44 260hp diesels circa 600hrs.
- Max. rpm 3,800, Cylinders 6, Displacement 3.6 liters.
- Volvo Drive legs service including Bellows (2021).
- Volvo Engines service including impeller change (2021).
- Incredible service history with a huge amount of invoices.
- Duo-prop stern-drives.
- Maximum c.45 knots, cruising speed 28-32 knots.
These figures are taken from Volvo performance tests and intended as a guide only:
Revs, Knots, L/NM, L/H, DBA.
1000, 7.0, 0.86,6, 64.
1500, 9.0, 1.77,16, 75.
2000, 18.4, 1.85, 34, 76.
2500, 29.4, 1.70, 50, 77.
2800, 31.9, 1.63, 52, 78.
3000, 33.2, 1.75, 58, 79.
3200, 35.7, 1.90, 68, 79.
3400, 39.3, 1.93, 76, 80.
3600, 41.8, 2.05, 86, 80.
3800, 43.4, 2.12, 92, 81.
3980, 45.5, 2.37, 108, 82.
- Fuel tank (approx.): 130 gallons, (591 litres) in one aluminium tank.
- Freshwater tank (approx.):35 gallons, (159 litres) in one aluminium tank.
- Pressurized freshwater system.
- Sink with thermostatic mixer in galley.
- Shower on transom.
- Tap with thermostatic mixer in heads compartment.
- Freshwater tank gauge at main helm station.
- 20L engine Isotemp calorifier in main engine bay with immersion heater.
- Automatic / manual bilge pumps.
- 12V electrical system.
- 2 x Optima 44Ah engine cranking battery (New 2020).
- 2 x Powermax 110 Ah domestic batteries.
- Automatic battery charger ganged with shore supply.
- Magellan Nav 6500.
- Sunto compass.
- Icom IC-M21 VHF radio.
- Navigation and anchor lights.
Accommodation Arrangement from Bows
BLADEsleeps 4-5 people in a forward sofa/double berth conversion, with infill table and cushions, and a full-beam aft cabin through a privacy curtain that can be made up as two twins or one huge double berth. A separate heads compartment to starboard faces the galley to port. The saloon seating on this example of the Windy 31 Tornado is finished with blue/gold patterned cloth, setting off attractive cream linings and complemented by well-finished cherry joinery. The galley is fitted with a white hard-wearing worktop. The accommodation is lit by 12V ceiling lights with chrome surrounds and reading lights to the aft cabin.
Main Cabin & Galley:
- Luxury fittings in high gloss wood.
- Teak and holly cabin sole.
- Wallas Safe Flame hob.
- Stainless steel sink with tap.
- Roof hatch.
- Large u-shaped sofa, which converts into double bed.
- Luxury cream bulkhead and deck head linings.
- Mirror to forward bulkhead with high-gloss wood surround.
- Hanging locker aft of galley.
- Isothem 41L fridge.
- Lockers and shelves.
- Jabsco marine WC.
- Basin with hot/cold mixer tap.
- Thermostatic shower.
- Toilet roll holder.
- Towel hooks.
- Ventilation fan and auto-electric water extractor.
- Double mattress.
- Cream carpet.
- 2 x Reading lights.
- 2 x Opening port lights.
- L-shaped sofa in white vinyl upholstery.
- Varnished wooden cockpit table.
- Shower on bathing platform.
- Electro-hydraulic opening engine hatch.
- Helmsman’s and co-pilot bolster seats (adjustable).
- Self-draining cockpit.
- 6 stainless steel deck cleats.
- Stainless steel anchor.
- Fenders and mooring lines.
- White camper canopy.
- Sink (taps needs repairing).
- 2 deck fire extinguishers (service date not verified).
- 1 Automatic extinguisher to engine compartment (service date not verified).
- 1 cabin fire extinguisher (service date not verified).
- Life raft (service date not verified).
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.