Presented For Sale By:
|Length at Water Line||11.68 m|
|Max Draft||1.52 m|
|Min. Draft||1.65 m|
|Displacement (Dry Load)||60000 lb|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||9724|
|Propeller Type||2 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||148|
|Maximum Speed||8 kn|
|Cruising Speed||6.5 kn|
|Builder||Pacific Asian Enterprises, (Ta Shing) Taiwan|
|Fuel Tanks||4 x 3000 litres (Steel)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||2 x 1060 litres (GRP)|
|Holding Tanks||2 x 200 litres (GRP)|
An opportunity to acquire a well-maintained vessel, upgraded in the right places at a discounted price.
A timeless passage maker with renowned sea keeping ability, the Nordhavn 46 has achieved an impressive record of successful ocean voyages and circumnavigations and is easily handled by a couple.
'Parasang' is capable of cruising non-stop 3,000 nautical miles at 8 knots, current fuel load, 2600 lts. This extremely well equipped and maintained vessel has added <300 hrs at sea since purchase in Oct 2011, inc. 30 months on hardstand. Serious funds have been spent upgrading her with quality equipment to explore, Indonesia, the Kimberley coast, PNG and the Solomon Islands.
All the major vessel systems are near new, +900 man hours of interior teak renovation, hull and non-skid decks repainted, rails glassed for extra water proofing, 2 x VICTRON 3600W isolation transformers, MAGNUM MS 2812 2800W inverter/charger new 2015, 2 banks of 2x new TROJAN 8D AGM 230 Ahr batteries 2018, RAYMARINE FLIR T-4 9Hz pan-tilt night vision camera new Oct 2016 unused, near new 600 gpd FCI water maker and remote wheelhouse control, 2 radars (JRC analog & RAYMARINE), NAVICO/SIMRAD sonar and chart plotter, 2 Icom VHF radios, ICOM SSB, new RARITAN fwd head toilet unused, new FORCE 10 LPG 3-burner cooktop and oven unused, 220vac SAMSUNG aircon supply to salon and wheelhouse new Nov 2017, unused APUS RIB new 2015, 4P ARIMAR life raft new 2018, a huge spare parts and tools inventory.
The saloon features a teak dining table with comfortable U-shaped wrap around sofa seating four -five persons, and great views of the surroundings providing an ideal place to gather whether underway or at anchor. On the starboard side, there is a bench-style settee which also serves as a sea-berth for crew. A flat screen monitor located above this settee serves as a remote radar display, a very useful feature at anchor or for an extra pair of eyes in transit.
- White Venetian blinds throughout
- Teak dining table
- Teak and spruce soles
- Starboard full-length bench upholstered seat
- Entertainment monitor / navigation repeater
- DVD Player feeding salon and master stateroom
MASTER STATEROOM – MIDSHIPS
PARASANG has a spacious stateroom midships. The bulkheads are white laminate, with teak slats on the port hull side, completing the ‘Herreshoff' styling.
A desk/bureau/dresser area (with drawers and a mirror) is located on the after bulkhead, and on either side of the island berth sit bed-side teak cabinets. The island berth is athwartships. A large bookcase lies above the bed, and the cabin has two storage lockers. There is a large hanging locker on the port-forward corner, and a smaller locker in the port aft corner. The master sleeps two on a comfortable inner-spring, cushion mattresses. (2) singles, forming a queen.
A door forward leads to a landing area that accesses the guest cabin, the washer/dryer, and up to the pilothouse.
- Queen sized island berth
- Opening port lights
- Dorade vent natural air flow
- Inner spring mattress
- Air conditioning and heating
- LED reading lamps new 2018
- Hanging clothes lockers
- Lockers and drawers
- TV monitor
- the FCI watermaker controls, membrane, main engine battery, smart charger monitor are located beneath the master bed
- house battery bank located beneath the master bed
- House battery isolation controls are located on the aft bed bulkhead
- Fresh water supply manifold access hatch in floor at foot of bed
- TV receiver on mast for local broadcasts
- Cruisair SMX-II air conditioning control (for salon A/C unit)
- 220v and 120v power outlets exist aft on the sofa and fwd on the long bench seat.
- Dedicated 12vdc outlets wired in for Powerdive 12vdc air compressor (24A stbd aft) MOB lights and Waveblade submersible barnacle remover (port aft).
- (5) engine room floor panel access hatches
- (3) fuel tank inspection access hatches, the 4th is under the starboard bench seat
- Large storage space beneath all U-shaped sofa seats and behind the port side seats.
- Large storage space beneath the starboard bench set
The master head (and shower) is located directly opposite the Island berth, on the starboard side.
- SURELL countertop with stainless steel sink
- Access hatch to rear of washer/dryer combo and spare hoses.
- Drop down starboard side storage locker and shelf above
- Mirrored medicine cabinet
- VACUFLUSH freshwater toilet
- Towel racks (new 2017)
- Shower with curtain and built-in seat
- Opening port light
GUEST STATEROOM – FORWARD
The guest stateroom is located forward and is accessed via the stairs leading down from the pilothouse, or via the master cabin through-way. The guest head is directly forward of the guest cabin and provides access to the anchor locker. There is one double bed to port and one bench-style settee to starboard, providing comfortable accommodation for two. The overhead hatches and portlights outboard allow plenty of light and ventilation. Numerous lockers provide a selection of storage options.
- Opening port lights
- Opening hatch overhead
- Hanging lockers
- LED reading lamps (3) new 2018
- 4-drawer vanity cabinet and mirror,
- Dorade vent
- Air conditioning
- Overhead fishing rod storage racks
- Overhead lockers and shelving.
GUEST HEAD – forward
This head also provides access to the anchor locker
- SURELL countertop with under mount sink
- New RARITAN head (never used)
- Medicine cabinet with mirror
- Shower with curtain and built-in seat
- 3-speed comfort adjustable overhead fan
Air con: Three Cruisair 120/60 vac cooling/heating units, fwd cabin, midships and salon with SMX Digital temperature controls, all are serviceable and have new circulating pumps installed 2014 and 2017.
Salon 220 VAC aircon: A Samsung aircon installed July 2017, provides cool air to the salon, wheelhouse and master stateroom when at dock, although the 120 VAC Cruisair units are often run via the inverter.
The laundry appliance is located in the pilothouse stairwell.
- SPLENDIDE 2000S combination clothes washer and dryer (new 2011)
Accessed via the starboard or port doors or from the salon, the pilothouse is notable for the Pompanette helm chair, a rare feature in 46’s and an array of instruments that includes dual radar, sonar, dual autopilots, dual VHF radios and SSB radio, all-round excellent vision from starboard to port, typical of raised pilothouse vessels. From the helm chair navigation and engine instruments can be readily seen, autopilot and engine control adjustments comfortably made, steering and communications easily reached.
Electrical breakers are beneath the dash to port from the helm. Autopilot hydraulic manifold is located under the dashboard and accessed by a locker from the port stairwell. Behind the helm chair is a locker containing SSB radio equipment and PFDs. A printer sits on the count top of this locker.
Adjacent to the locker is a built-in upholstered bench seat, foot locker and table reaching to the port doorway. Above and behind is watch berth. The foot locker houses all vessel operating and installation manuals. A comprehensive library of navigation and boating volumes exists outboard of the pilot house stairs, next to the MOB light storage and autopilot manifold pump.
Main Engine: John Deere Lugger six-cylinder normally aspirated 6414D keel-cooled diesel engine of 143 hp., turning a 3-bladed 30″ diam x 22deg pitch propeller.
Lugger engines are renowned for reliability and economy. This engine will survive a lightning strike that will in most cases defeat newer diesel engines with electronic controlled fuel injection. It will run day after day at 6-7-8 Kts depending on sea conditions and the oil pressure and the engine temperature stays the same. You can run her at WOT (wide-open-throttle) and she’s as smooth as … .
MV parasang has clocked 9713 hrs, equivalent to <10 hrs pw since last purchased when time on hardstand is discounted. Considering that the boat went non-stop from Dana Pt California to Hawaii and non-stop Hawaii to Singapore in 2011, this is a reliable engine. Engine oil has been religiously changed every 200 hrs and at each oil change the oil still retains a honey color. During a recent 20 hr delivery to Phuket the engine oil pressure and temperature gauges were unmoved at 56psi and 186F respectively.
In mid-June, Parasang returned to Langkawi from Phuket in slight seas and 8-10kt headwinds taking 20.55 hrs at an average speed of 6.74kts and used 8.48 lt/hr or 2.24 USgal/hr.
Total fuel capacity of vessel is 3400 litres, giving a nominal range of 2700Nm or 5000Km under similar sea and weather conditions.
The prop shaft was replaced Dec 2017, cutlass bearing replaced, stern gland repacked with ‘set and forget’ dripless Gortex and shaft coupling cleaned and repainted.
Twin Disc MG5050 SC gear box, 109 hrs, installed new Mar 2013, next oil change in another 400 hours.
Fuel filter system: Dual Racor 500FG water separator/fuel filter, magnetic debugger on main engine, separate Racors for genset and Yanmar. Fuel filters of all engines changed June 2016.
Oil Changing: Perko 12vdc servo reversible delivery and extraction pump and manifold and back-up hand pump oil extractor.
Auxilliary: Backup get-home 35HP Yanmar 3GM30F auxiliary diesel engine, raw water cooled, 148 hrs, driving a folding Martec prop through a V-drive, as the “get-home” power. The auxiliary unit will push the yacht at 4 knots and will have minimal drag when not in use.
Genset: Northern Lights 8KVA, 6768 hrs. The genset was removed early 2016, heat exchanger systems overhauled, new water pump installed, repainted and new bedding plate installed. It was bench tested and ran at required specs.
Bow Thruster: 5HP 12 vdc Wesmar Bow thruster and bridge controls, powereed from the forward battery bank.
The step-down galley is an open forward extension of the salon and has a very useful overhead hatch to serve the pilothouse. The dividing counter is used as a food and drink servery and contains a large storage locker below. Ample 220v and 120v power outlets exist. There are (10) lockers, (3) double doored and (7) single. A cookware drawer exists beneath the new unused Force 10 oven, with ample space for cooking essentials.
- Grey Surrell counter tops
- Custom stainless-steel backing above stove
- Princess 1100 watt microwave oven
- Force-10 (3) burner gimbaled propane stove and oven, new 2018 and unused LPG breaker
- Norcold door-style fridge/freezer
- Large double basin stainless steel sink centered on forward counter
- Broan Garbage Compactor, never operated by current owner.
- Bread maker, imported 120/60 new, never used
- Ice maker imported 120/60 new, never used
- Counter top LED light new 2017
- Comfort 2-speed adjustable fan new 2018
- Extractor fan
- 3-drawer cutlery and cooking utensil cabinet
- 5 Huntingdon Beach imported 120/60 steak grillers (2), steamer, skillet and rice cooker, still boxed new, never used
Batteries & Electrics
The vessel is set up for both 220 VAC and 110 VAC.
At dock the vessel is 220 VAC/50Hz running from shore power and at sea 120 VAC/60Hz supplied by a NORTHERN LIGHTS 8KVA generator.
Two VICTRON 3600W isolation transformers were installed in Aug 2012 to distribute 220 VAC shore power to 220 VAC outlets and 120 VAC to the MAGNUM inverter charger. There are 220 VAC and 120 VAC outlets throughout the vessel.
MV Parasang has power to spare, a total of 920 amps in two banks of 12 VDC batteries, either of which can be isolated if necessary. Each bank is 2 x 230 amp TROJAN 8D AGM batteries, new January 2018.
Battery management, including BLUE SEA ACR, by VICTRON.
Charging from BLUE SEA smart battery charger, MAGNUM inverter/charger, two solar panels and NORTHERN LIGHTS 8KVA generator.
Electronics & Navigation
- RITCHIE power damp steering compass
- ROBERTSON AP 300X and SIMTAD AP24 autopilots with two steering pumps
- RC JMA-2300 analog radar
- RAYMARINE EC120W touch screen plotter / radar
- FURUNO GPS Navigator
- FURUNO AS-50 AIS
- FURUNO installed 2017MU120C-monitor, and small 9” standard VGA monitor for rear-facing CCTV camera
- RAYMARINE T-4 9Hz pan-tilt IFR FLIR night vision camera and joystick control
- FURUNO FCV 628 color sounder (2019)
- ICOM IC-M604 VHF radio
- SHAKESPEARE loud hailer speaker (2017)
- Aft-facing CCTV feed to pilothouse monitor
- PERKO 10”search light with manual bridge control new 2016
- ARIMAR four person life raft (2018)
- 5 x Type 1 PFD
- 4 x Type 2 PFD
- 2 x Type 3 child's PFD
- Life sling
- Grab bag
- First Aid Kit
- Fore and aft 12 VDC hand-held MOB spot lights
- Fixed fire extinguishing system, New Feb 2017: HALOTRON FIREBOY MA20100227-BL 2 kg 100 cfm automatic fire extinguisher in the engine room and automatic 3-engine shut down system and FIREBOY bridge monitor
- HALOTRON ABC class 1kg extinguishers throughout the vessel
- FIRST ALERT smoke and CO detector in the forward cabin
- FIRST ALERT and XINTEX Carbon Monoxide detectors in the salon and master stateroom
- Parachute anchor
Dinghy & Outboard
- 4 person APIS ZODIAC (UNUSED) c/w tube covers, overall cover
2019 Langkawi, Malaysia
- JAN, purchase spare Trident Marine LPG Single Stage Regulator, Magma Low LPG Grill Control Valve, 2 x 24” LPG supply hoses, bow thruster (4) and Walter Keel Cooler zinc anodes (4).
2018 Langkawi, Malaysia
- AUG, design and build SS316 life raft cradle and secure new life Arimar 4-man raft.
- AUG, test and certify all existing 2kg and 1 kg Halotron fire extinguishers.
- DEC, install state-of-the-art Furuno FCV628 Hi-resolution colour sounder and fish finder.
- DEC, test Yanmar engine oil, no issues found.
- DEC, repaint engine room floor panels.
2018 Phuket, Thailand
- JAN, install 4, 230 Amp Hr Trojan 8D AGM batteries.
- JAN, installed new Force 10 LPG 3-burner cooktop and oven.
- FEB, rebalance drive shaft and grind prop to nil vibration at WOT (2250rpm) standard.
- MAR, re-varnish taff rail, fwd rails, salon floor and stateroom stairs.
- MAR, repaint engine room flooring and salon floor panel sub-surfaces.
- MAR, repaint and reseal the faux stack.
- MAY, install new 7.5kg Viking fibre glass LPG cylinders (2).
- MAY, update Navnet 3D software.
- MAY, install two new Victron battery monitors.
- MAY, reorganize wheel house control panel breakers.
- MAY, change Rule automatic submersible 1500gph bilge pumps (2) to fail-safe float switches.
- MAY, install new Yanmar SS316 water closet and replace mixing elbow exhaust hose.
- MAY, install new 12vdc Twin Disc gear box oil pressure and temperature gauges.
- MAY replace Yanmar gear box oil cooler hoses.
- MAY, perform main and genset engine oil tests – no issues found.
- MAY, install new 12vdc Twin Disc gear box oil pressure and temperature gauges.
- MAY replace Yanmar gear box oil cooler hoses.
- MAY, perform main and genset engine oil tests – no issues found
2017 Langkawi, Malaysia
- New Feb Halotron Fireboy MA20100227-BL 2 kg 100 cft automatic fire extinguisher in the engine room and automatic 3-engine shut down system and Fireboy bridge monitor.
- Antifoul with International Commercial AF paint Dec.
2016 Langkawi, Malaysia
- OCT, install Navico 180Hz forward looking sonar and Simrad GO7XSE chart plotter.
- OCT, new Perko 10” search light wheel house lever controls.
- OCT, FLIR new Raymarine T-4 9Hz IFR pan-tilt and JCU (joystick control unit).
- Replace selected upholstery buttons as required.
- NOV, install new airhorn.
- New removable aft deck shade sail, SS316 fittings and poles, added Jan.
- New 5kg Ragasco fibre glass LPG cylinders (2) Jan.
- New Teflon genset base fitted.
- New Yanmar engine mounts installed.
- Disassemble and check heat exchangers genset and Yanmar.
- Change out with new water circulation pumps, genset and Yanmar, existing pumps still serviceable.
- Two automatic submersible 1500gph Rule bilge pumps and high level a float alarm installed Jul.
Phuket July – Dec 2015
- New Magnum 2800W MS2812 Pure Sine Wave inverter/charger installed Jul.
- Blue Sea ACR Automatic Charge Relay installed to ensure main house battery banks are charged fully.
- Bluesea Smart Battery Charger takes excess house battery charge to main engine battery.
- New chain locker flooring to increase stowage.
- Teak rubbing and starboard cap rail rails glassed, water proofed and painted in Oct.
- Bow rollers replaced with long-life Teflon rollers.
- Replace all wheelhouse shade curtain SS buttons with new.
- Removed bow plate and resealed.
- New 4-man Apis zodiac tender, unused.
- At dock Royal Langkawi Yacht Club, local boat care, daily inspection, batteries, bilge, water maker flush monthly and sundry checks.
- Twin Disc MG5050 SC gear box replaced new Mar 2013, 89 hrs usage.
July to Dec 2012 Phuket
- Completed Oct. 900 man-hours sanding, re-varnishing interior teak, window frames and floors, salon, galley, wearing edges, wheelhouse and rails.
- Added SS316 framed/teak swim platform, Oct.
- Hull repainted Oct.
- Non-skid deck repainted Nov.
- Aft deck, transom and stbd gangway repainted.
- Customised Sunbrella UV-resistant tropical shades bow to stern and top deck, tender and outboard motor.
- Two new 4WD 1000kg boom winches added and rewired.
- Powerdive Double Deck 12vdc air compressor, receiver and dual diving regulator and hoses and dedicated 24A outlet installed for hull, prop inspection and recreational diving.
- Sonic WaveBlade 12vdc submersible marine growth remover and dedicated power outlets.
- Aft deck, dual beam 12vdc spotlight and salon controls.
- Two Victron 3600W galvanic isolation transformers installed, accepts 220vac delivers 120vac to inverter charger.
- Two battery banks each upgraded to 2 x 230 Ahr Trojan 8D AGMs, rewired.
- New Sep., Raymarine E120W touch screen display, 24inch HD scanner, remote control for simultaneous feed to aft salon monitor (new), Navionics Gold SE China Sea-Indian Ocean charts.
- Interphase 200Hz forward and vertical looking sonar, display and transducers.
- New Sep., 600gpd FCI Aquamiser water maker with remote wheel house control and automatic flush system and spare osmosis membrane, (6.5 hrs use).
- Halotron 2kg ABC class extinguishers throughout the vessel replacing all powder extinguishers.
- Four adult survival suits and one child's survival suit
- HP VIVERA scanner/copier
- Cruising guides
Very large collection of marine and GRP cleaning agents, waxes, de-greasers and detergents
- Orbital polisher
- Submersible WAVEBLADE barnacle Remover
- 12VDC POWERDIVE air compressor and diving gear
- Seven quality light game (15lb and 30lb) rods and matching DAIWA game reels, spinning rods and reels
Huge spare parts inventory of current replacement value USD12000 not inc. shipping from the US; new hydraulic steering assembly, new lugger starter motor, used serviceable genset starter, new Yanmar starter motors, new genset and Yanmar fuel lift pumps, serviceable used water pumps, new genset and Yanmar hoses, new aircon pumps, belts, full set Lugger gasket set, oil filters, AWG marine grade electrical wire 8#, 10#.12#, 14#, 18# and 21#, connectors, switches, lighting, spare water pumps, dry exhaust insulation wrap, and more.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.