Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Location||East Greenwich, Rhode Island, United States|
|Length at Water Line||11.3 m|
|Max Draft||1.04 m|
|Max Bridge Clearance||19.2 m|
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
|Fuel Tanks||2 x 80 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||1 x 166 gal|
|Holding Tanks||2 x 52 gal|
Bright, spacious, and innovative, this Seawind 1160 features a full suite of cruising upgrades - Solar & wind charging, powered Harken winch, water maker - and her 2017 updates include a brand new autopilot, complete B&G electronics suite, and replacement Stainless steel BBQ grill.
The Seawind 1160 is recognized as one of the most innovative catamarans in the world. Superior construction techniques are the base of this high quality cruising vessel. Her interior is spacious and offers all the comforts of much larger boats, with a well thought-out layout for long-term cruising.
The interior finish is a beauty to behold and speaks to the high quality of the construction. The deck layout offers easy single handed operation. When anchored or at dock, the entire tri-fold door lifts up to incorporate the cockpit into the living space, creating a true indoor-outdoor experience.
The galley down design features huge portholes with the best views on the boat, making it a joy to work in. The open design allows easy communication with both saloon and cockpit.
This beautifully maintained boat with full cruising features and recent upgrades really stands apart from the competition.
Accommodations overview and walkthrough
The Salon of "Wee Beastie" is quite unique. The large forward facing windows are opening, yet watertight and are supported by gas struts. The aft bulkhead is actually a tri-fold door which can be lifted clear of the cockpit to give full thru-vessel ventilation when anchored and create a unique indoor/outdoor living area. The aft bulkhead windows are also removable to allow additional ventilation. This ventilation system is unequaled in the catamaran world, even in new-build boats.
Entering the salon through the companionway to port you are facing a large U?shaped settee with dining table. The settee table is smartly designed, and can be moved to 4 different positions as needed for entertaining, and can also be lowered to create a large double-berth. A book shelf surrounds the settee, and a low end table with storage is to port. Ample storage can be found under the settee cushions. Aft to port in the salon is an electronics station, with new B&G VHF radio, Vulcan 9 chart-plotter, and Fusion stereo.
The port hull is dedicated to the owners stateroom. The main head is aft with a spacious separate shower stall. Moving forward there is a navigation/office station inboard and a counter with ample storage below outboard. Next forward is the Master Stateroom with a semi walk around queen berth, hanging and storage lockers and a large forward storage locker. The starboard hull has a guest double berth aft with hanging wet locker. A well-appointed galley is next with ample storage and counter space, new 12vdc refrigerator, double sinks, two freezers and a propane stove with oven. There are counters with storage below both inboard and outboard. Outboard is a well-built dish storage cabinet with acrylic door. Next is the main guest stateroom with a full queen berth, hanging and storage lockers. Forward is the guest head with vanity, sink, marine toilet and shower.
Master stateroom and head
- Queen athwart ship island berth with custom 6? foam mattress.
- Storage lockers under the foot of berth.
- Large hanging storage locker with shelves forward.
- Mini-settee forward.
- (2) Overhead hatches Ocean Air screen/shade.
- (2) Fixed port lights.
- (1) Hella fan.
- (2) LED overhead lights.
- (2) LED swivel reading lights.
- 12vdc Outlet.
- 120v AC outlet.
- Fiberglass sole with carpet.
- (2) Hand rails.
- Jabsco manual marine toilet.
- Integral fiberglass cabinet with sink and single lever control faucet.
- Separate shower stall with hand shower, single lever control and safety glass enclosure and door.
- Medicine cabinet with mirrored door.
- (2) LED overhead lights.
- Large side open port.
- 12vdc Outlet.
- 120vac Outlet with GFCI.
- Fiberglass sole with non-skid pattern.
- Electric shower drain system.
- Toilet flushes to overboard or holding tank.
- Access door into the engine room.
The inboard counters have storage above and below and twin top loading freezers and a new 12v stainless-steel DC refrigerator. Outboard the counters have storage below, double sinks and a 3-burner stove. A dish locker is aft.
Cockpit and deck features
Cockpit has dual helms with totally independent steering systems. The port helm seat has an icebox/cooler inside it. The starboard helm seat has a large storage locker below. Two bench seats are aft with a built in grill between. Cockpit has a partial fiberglass hardtop with easily stored roll out vinyl inserts. This allows for easy access for stowing the main and total control of the cockpit sun exposure. Fiberglass Targa Bar provides mountings for the main sheet traveler, solar panels and dinghy davits. A hot and cold cockpit shower is located in port arch column.
Navigation and electronics
All navigation electronics have been upgraded in 2017 with new B&G components. This includes:
Other electronics includes:
Engine and Mechanical
- (2) 30 HP Yanmar 3YM30 marine diesel engines with Yanmar SD20 sail drives (Hours ~2300 Starboard, ~2400 Port). Engines and saildrives both fully serviced in 2017.
- (2) Two blade Gori folding propellers.
- Racor fuel filters.
- Single lever Morse engine controls.
- Twin helm stations with 32" stainless steel wheels. Each steering system is separate from the other offering added safety.
- Seawater strainers.
- (1) 16 kbtu CruiseAir AC systems.
- Full engine control panels (with gauges).
Sails and Rigging
Natural anodized aluminum mast and spars, 7/8th rig
Double diamond rigged mast with a single swept back spreader and cap shrouds.
Harken Batcar roller track for main sail.
Fold up aluminum bow sprit.
All standing rigging is stainless steel with swagged fittings.
Running rigging: Main halyard, sheets, reef lines, and all other running rigging are led to winches in cockpit for ease of single-handed control. 1 manual Harken 46 2 speed CST primary winch (port) 1 electric Harken 46.2ST primary winch (starboard) with 2-speed control - New in 2017 (2) Harken 40 2 speed CST secondary winches. Spinlock line stoppers - all primary line stoppers replaced in 2017 Deck-mounted, self-tacking jib track, deck-mounted screecher tracks, targa arch-mounted traveller for mainsail sheet. New running rigging (2017) for traveller, screecher halyard, reefing lines, jib and screecher furlers.
Sails:Mainsail: Fully battened Barracouta mainsail with Harken battcar slide system, lazy jacks, and stackpack style mainsail cover, with additional storage sleeve. 3 reef points. New in 2013.
Jib: KVS Classic Kappa Genoa, high-aspect 7.62 Dacron, with UV suncover and foam luff pad, new in 2014. Pro-furl roller furler system.
Screecher: High-end laminate Barracouta screecher, new in 2013. Pro-furl roller furler system.
Water and plumbing
- Little Wonder 200 gpd water maker.
- Johnson Pump pressure water system.
- 8.8 Gallon water heater from 120vac and engine.
- (1) 165 Gallon plastic water tank.
- Cockpit hot and cold shower
- Seawater wash-down pump in forward storage locker
- (2) wet-cell 4D house batteries (400 Amp hours), new in 2017
- (1) AGM engine start battery
- (2) 60Amp alternators.
- (2) Kyrocera solar panels (200 watts).
- Wind generator. (currently inoperable due to broken vane)
- Xantrex 2kw inverter with 100amp three stage charger.
- Link 200 remote invertor control and battery monitor.
- (1) 30Amp 120vac inlet.
- (1) 30Amp 50 foot electrical cable.
- Transfer switch located in navigation station.
- (1) 120VAC electrical panel with 1 master breaker and 4 branch breakers.
- (1) 12VDC panel with 12 branch breakers and battery voltage monitor.
- Main 12VDC breaker panel in under port settee seat with 1 master and 29 branch breakers.
- 120VAC outlets throughout vessel with GFCI in appropriate places.
Safety and miscellaneous
- ACR 406 ERIRB with GPS
- Triple stainless steel lifelines with gates port and starboard (extra height).
- Transom steps for easy boarding from water or dinghy.
- Fiberglass Targa top with ample hand rails.
- Roll out vinyl T-tops with stainless steel frame.
- (1) Anchor cleat on forward walkway.
- Muir Cougar electric anchor windlass with foot and helm controls.
- Anchor bridle system.
- 45 Lb Delta plow anchor with chain rode.
- Second Fortress 27 anchor system with rode.
- Running lights.
- Fore deck and steaming light. (foredeck light currently burnt out)
- Offshore trampolines.
- Dinghy davit on stern.
- (2) Ring bouy.
- (2) Whale emergency manual bilge pumps.
- (2) Johnson Pump Ultra 1000gph electric automatic bilge pumps, with automatic and manual remote control and run counters.
- Offshore life vests, flares, fire extinguishers
Upgrades in 2017
The current owner completed several major upgrades in 2017, which includes:
Additional new extras provided with boat, just delivered in July from Seawind factory!